2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't bid 45 without knowing that it would take 50.
Suspect they will be back one more time with a 50m bid, if that bid is a hard rejection then I would think they would stop at that.
Either Everton knock it back completely or they start haggling over structure etc.

From the Everton side, if they are going to do a deal at all, it would need to be now or it will be too late to reinvest the money.

…according to some knowledgable folk on here, he doesn’t want to leave but the club’s PR machine are telling their contacts in the press that he wants to leave & is refusing to sign an improved contract with us.

I think the gist is that the club wants to push him out.

At least I think that’s what they’re saying, it’s all very complicated.

this board will ruin us ffs.

Contact was offered 4 weeks ago & has been on the table since that's a fact
The club themself have said talks have taken place, but no formal offer yet.

If it was actually a 'fact' the club would put it out there so they don't look like the bad guys when/if they sell him.

Last edited:

…according to some knowledgable folk on here, he doesn’t want to leave but the club’s PR machine are telling their contacts in the press that he wants to leave & is refusing to sign an improved contract with us.

I think the gist is that the club wants to push him out.

At least I think that’s what they’re saying, it’s all very complicated.

Why would the club want to force the idea that he wants to leave? It lessens your bargaining power. Daft conspiracy theories.

It more likely blag ITKs spouting rubbish to make the club look like the good guys and the player the bad Judas he is. It's done with almost every single player who leaves.

Why would the club want to force the idea that he wants to leave? It lessens your bargaining power. Daft conspiracy theories.

It more likely blag ITKs spouting rubbish to make the club look like the good guys and the player the bad Judas he is. It's done with almost every single player who leaves.
I dont think the club are forcing any ideas at all, the media and fans alike are both looking for something to talk about, reading into things and drawing conclusions, all we do kinow for certain is how long he has left on his contract, how good or bad he is and how long is left in the window, everything else is pure speculation, as you say daft conspiracy theories
Chelsea, the player and Everton, three seperate entities who all have to look after there own and will play this out to the best they can, what ever happens some idiot fans will find a reason to moan.

Contact was offered 4 weeks ago & has been on the table since that's a fact
Whether it's preliminary talks or an offer on the table, if if weren't for the Chelsea interest I doubt there'd be much (any) furore over the time taken.

I suspect Gordon and his agent (advisers etc.) would want to take time to look at the contract to make sure it's suitable.

My opinion that nobody asked for on all this is as follows:

He’s got 3 years left on his deal, 2 years is a big danger point these days and he’s a decent young player and a youth product so the club will likely have already either tabled, or suggested to his agent that they would like to offer a new deal. It’s not like he’s a Yerry Mina style crock who they’ll run down.

Next, he gets the number 10 shirt and the club suddenly do this massive social media thing bugging him up l and calling him “starboy” etc. A lot on here we’re saying it was a lot of pressure on the lad and I mostly just thought it was vomit inducing rubbish but in the back of my mind I was thinking “bit weird this”. Could be a ploy to make the fans feel better before we sold Richarlison but kind of adds to the not entertaining a contract thing with the club trying to show how much he means to them.

Finally, he’s a young player and a big successful club are coming in with big money for him. Big signing fee, big wages. Gordon isn’t a mercurial talent who’s regularly doing big things in games but I think he is a smart lad and probably sees he could easily never get another opportunity like this. I could point to DCL in that analogy but we don’t know enough about what happened there.

TL;DR?

I think he wants to leave.

So AG is down in London waiting for Chelsea to agree terms with Everton.

Who the hell is gonna be playing up front next game?
Someone has literally been chatting to him this morning in Formby, he is not NOT in london
He also stated this morning that he was defo not joining Chelsea, do I suggest people ignore the nonsense for a while

It’s getting to stupid levels, our fans turning on our players on baseless gossip, it’s not healthy

Obviously there are a lot of cautionary tales of players going to Chelsea but it's easier to believe he wants to go to a top club that offering that much than the club trying to push him out. If the club were desperate for him to go they would have already accepted the bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.