2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not convinced we'd replace him adequately this late in the window.
Not being funny but there’s not exactly a whole pile to replace. £50m easily gets us two top forwards who will add far more to the team. Cornet and Dennis were both around £20m each, both only a few years older than Gordon and contributed far more. There are an incredibly amount of forwards that could not only replicate what Gordon does but improve on it massively.

I’d snap Chelsea’s hands off for 50m. Could completely transform our attack with that money, question is do you trust the people at the club to reinvest properly? I’m not convinced

no-do-not-want.gif

I’d snap Chelsea’s hands off for 50m. Could completely transform our attack with that money, question is do you trust the people at the club to reinvest properly? I’m not convinced
Lampard and Thelwell have brought in and looked at good players so far, no reason to doubt them now. Even still, I’m fairly sure a blind man can probably get a forward in that’ll get more than 4 goals for less than £50m in this day and age.

Broja would obviously be a part of the deal. We’d need two more at least after that IMO.

I trust Thelwell & Lampard based on the business we've done (and tried to do) this summer.
Still trying to replace Richarlison’s goals, adequate cover for DCL and replacement for Gordon if he goes, that’s a LOT of work to do in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.