2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm given 45m to spend on a player and my options are one of the best players in the championship at his position or one of the worst players in the PL at his position I'm trying to see if the championship player can step up.

Ha ha ha

Gordon one of the worst players in the prem at his position ? Good lord

If there is one thing guaranteed on this forum is that if there is ever any guff being wrote, your name isn’t far away from it.

He's not one of the worst players in the PL.

He isn't yet productive enough in terms of direct goal contributions but he offers a lot of other good things.

Just chill out, you aren't in charge, the club are taking a stance on the valuation they have set. If Chelsea pay it, sound. Leicester have just taken a loan out against their TV earnings, haven't bought a player all transfer window and are demanding Fofana costs £90-100m, because they are confident Chelsea will pay it.
I've seen a few people lauding Leicester's approach to the Fofana deal. Interested to see what they have to say if/when Chelsea call their bluff. Leicester will end up stuck with a player, who was worth nowhere near that in the first place, who has a cob on, downs tools and probably goes for a quarter of that in Jan or the summer.

You ideally want a striker to score 15 or more. I am massively concerned about the lack of goals in our side, it's hard to see where the goals are going to come from.
I was referring more to, if we bought a player to play in Gordon's position for £50m and got that return. If you would be happy with that from a £50m signing, sound, because ultimately it's a £50m opportunity cost to us, to keep Gordon and HOPE he gets anywhere near those numbers.

They were working on players. Richarlison was sold to appease FFP. We were unable to even buy anyone before July 1. Nothing could go onto the books for the 21-22 finanical year. It's a disgrace of Everton's own making.
1st July was six weeks ago. Still no striker, what's the excuse for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.