2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard can’t come out and say

Our board is a joke mate, they have absolutely no idea on how to run a club. Liverpool have been offloading overpriced average players for years now and the once chance we have to replicate that we turn it down like idiots.
Frank came in saw him, played him, gave him the number 10.

lost the ball so many times needlessly over doing things. Really really frustrating today, very poor again
Yes he did have some bad spells in the game, particularly 2nd half of first half but he was also really good for spells!
It's currently how he is.

Once again, he is young.
Consistency come's with time.

He's a very dangerous young attacking player, and he's ours.

Yes he did have some bad spells in the game, particularly 2nd half of first half but he was also really good for spells!
It's currently how he is.

Once again, he is young.
Consistency come's with time.

He's a very dangerous young attacking player, and he's ours.
Trying far to hard. Needs to do the basics instead of over playing, and trying to do things all at once. Loads of times people are in better positions and he’s just running with it, sooner or later he’ll get caught like today but it’ll cost us a goal.

Trying far to hard. Needs to do the basics instead of over playing, and trying to do things all at once. Loads of times people are in better positions and he’s just running with it, sooner or later he’ll get caught like today but it’ll cost us a goal.
Yes, I agree he does this currently.

But let the team get settled and let him learn as we improve.
We are in transition.
Selling him is not the answer.

It would be a poor move on our part.

Stick your 50 bob Chelsea.

Our board is a joke mate, they have absolutely no idea on how to run a club. Liverpool have been offloading overpriced average players for years now and the once chance we have to replicate that we turn it down like idiots.
Exactly. Look at their full back today, £17m and he’s barely played 30 games professionally in his whole career. Meanwhile here we are with the board somehow debating whether £45m is a good deal for a player that last year offered less than a £1.5m player and a free transfer who had only about half a season in Gray and Townsend.

Funny that people treat him like he’s some actual kid that will develop loads from where he is now, people even mentioned Rashford earlier despite the fact that he burst onto the scene at like 17/18 and actually performed massively well. Gordon played the vast majority of possible minutes last season, yet if you look at it objectively he did almost nothing of note.

He has a go at least.

Just think it's bad optics selling him on top of Richarlison given he's sort of become the new crowd favourite given he's come through the academy.

He isn't good enough for Chelsea level team anyway so his career will just stall over next few seasons like it did for Jeffers 20 years ago.

Lots of things for him to think about over next 10 days.

The shots are as tame as you can possibly get.
Definitely should have more power behind them but there was the one in the first half that Henderson makes a good stop from and then the one in the second where he spun clear and curled it towards the far corner.

It's not 'nothing is going to happen', is it

@MikeH72 just made IMO a ridiculous statement so I called him out on it.

I've never hidden my frustration with Gordon, he has so much work to do and I'd cash in if I was in charge, but he definitely makes stuff happen. Like a lot of this Everton team, he lacks composure when it really counts too often.

And you'd be wrong

No player had more shots, no player had more on target and only one player - Iwobi (4) - created more goalscoring opportunities for either Forest or Everton.

A crap pea roller that barely troubles the keeper may count as a “shot on target” on WhoScored but in the real world it’s nothing but a waste of a shooting opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back