2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely should have more power behind them but there was the one in the first half that Henderson makes a good stop from and then the one in the second where he spun clear and curled it towards the far corner.

It's not 'nothing is going to happen', is it

@MikeH72 just made IMO a ridiculous statement so I called him out on it.

I've never hidden my frustration with Gordon, he has so much work to do and I'd cash in if I was in charge, but he definitely makes stuff happen. Like a lot of this Everton team, he lacks composure when it really counts too often.

We’ll plenty more people agree with my ridiculous statement than yours by the looks of it.

Definitely should have more power behind them but there was the one in the first half that Henderson makes a good stop from and then the one in the second where he spun clear and curled it towards the far corner.

It's not 'nothing is going to happen', is it

@MikeH72 just made IMO a ridiculous statement so I called him out on it.

I've never hidden my frustration with Gordon, he has so much work to do and I'd cash in if I was in charge, but he definitely makes stuff happen. Like a lot of this Everton team, he lacks composure when it really counts too often.
Hes a finish away from exploding in my opinion.

Also reckon if Guardiola got his hands on him and made him into a Sterling type forward player, him being able to strike a ball won't make a difference if he's always 2 yards out on the far post.

We’ll plenty more people agree with my ridiculous statement than yours by the looks of it.

If people don't think shots, shots on target and creating chances for team-mates isn't 'something' happening, then I don't know what to tell them. It's the defintion of things happening from an attacker.

We need more from him, if he stays, we need more from them all.

We need to go for something outrageous like £45m plus Pulisic on loan with a view to buy.

But either way, any kind of improved bid simply has to be accepted, and quickly.

You'd expect the club to have replacements and reinforcements ready to go as soon as the cash flows in, but no doubt it would be a last minute panic dash to the reduced section at Netto once again if he's sold.

If people don't think shots, shots on target and creating chances for team-mates isn't 'something' happening, then I don't know what to tell them. It's the defintion of things happening from an attacker.

We need more from him, if he stays, we need more from them all.

What chances? What chances did he create today? Name one, don’t just say “flashscores says he created 3 mert”

But your statement has been proven to be objectively wrong.

You said nothing happens.

6 shots, 5 on target and 3 chances created is not nothing.

It is nothing. One of the “shots on target” was an absolute sitter with the keeper in no man’s land and the rest of them were comfortably gathered without barely a fuss.

Name me the 3 chances he created.

What chances? What chances did he create today? Name one, don’t just say “flash scores says he created 3 mert”
Got nothing to do with flash score, like.

I know one, rightly or wrongly, will count as the pass he played to Iwobi for the shot late on. It'll count as a 'key pass' because it led to a shot, but you know, it'd be an assist if that shot goes in.

Another is the one that he played to Davies when Davies hit it wide early on, from like 20 yards out or whatever.

I can't recall the other one off the top of my head.

Sell this no mark and throw all the money at the likes of Watkins or Toney. Proven goalscoarers in scrappier teams. Don't think either club would turn down that money for them either.

Gordon has no end product. Say hes young etc. But the club needs more than someone with potential at the moment to save us from another relegation scrap from the look of things
Do not do this

Got nothing to do with flash score, like.

I know one, rightly or wrongly, will count as the pass he played to Iwobi for the shot late on. It'll count as a 'key pass' because it led to a shot, but you know, it'd be an assist if that shot goes in.

Another is the one that he played to Davies when Davies hit it wide early on, from like 20 yards out or whatever.

I can't recall the other one off the top of my head.
He needs to do more than create Bernard chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back