2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact spurs and now Chelsea want Gordon shows there is a good player in there at a young age. He needs to improve but we should cash in if we can bring in 2 strikers. Simple as that. What does not help is fans being over critical on social media.

This is the classic Everton Da syndrome though isn't, there always has to be one of our players to pick on, and now its young Anthony. It is funny that there is a narrative coming from some that Henderson was average, making non premier league quality saves, anything to put the knife into our young star. If you look at reviews from pundits, not GOT Da's and bedwetters you'll see a general opinion that Henderson had a great game and made great saves, which if he had not Gordon would have scored. That won't be accepted by some on here as operation annihalate Gordon is in full swing. When have McNeil to replace Richy, you will possibly have Januzi to replace Gordon, but I guess that is what some supposed blues want. Not me, I see the issues as being Gomes, Gbamin, Rondon, Keane and co, not our better players - but I guess I am an oddball for wanting to keep our better players and focus upon shifting the deadwood.

Dean Henderson: Will prove to be a really important signing if he keeps up the form of his first three games. Made some superb saves. A shame it didn’t end in a clean-sheet. Rating: 8/10

Nottingham 1-1: Forest up at Goodison with Henderson stunning​

Dean Henderson had a great day and had decisive interventions in the game.

BBC have him just pipped to being MOTM.

I have eyes. Keeper made some very standard saves.

If I was Chelsea I'd be on the phone to reiterate that their last offer was their final offer, take or leave. It's glaringly obvious we need the money to get forwards in, and we need it now. We'd have to accept.

Agree with this like

He is promising and I honestly thought today is the best he's been in a while, but I still don't think he was more than a 6.5/10.

I think we should cash in but do think some of the criticism of him is harsh.
Good lord. You watched the match today and gave that a 6.5 and best he's been in a while? His first half was truly hard to watch. Overall 3/10 for me

If I was Chelsea I'd be on the phone to reiterate that their last offer was their final offer, take or leave. It's glaringly obvious we need the money to get forwards in, and we need it now. We'd have to accept.
If I was Chelsea I'd be going to spec savers after todays performance

Think we're getting to the point it wouldn't make sense to sell him.
Even if we get the 50 million for him, every club whose players we target will smell the desperation on us and fleece us.
Think the only option is insisting on Broja as part of any deal

The fact spurs and now Chelsea want Gordon shows there is a good player in there at a young age. He needs to improve but we should cash in if we can bring in 2 strikers. Simple as that. What does not help is fans being over critical on social media.
Yep, those teams have the ability and finances to wait on his potential development, whereas we do not. If he ends up being an average player, they can go on and buy the next 40 million pound prospect without blinking twice. We need to cash in and bring in 2 quality offensive players.

remember that spell in the first half when 4 times in the space of about 5 minutes he lost the ball in his own half and put the team back under pressure?

He doesn’t score, doesn’t assist much, seems to tire a lot. His main strength is that he doesn’t hide and does actually show for the ball and his movement is decent.

if they do come in with a bigger offer then have to sell. He might actually be better not playing every week with a lot of expectation on him, so it could be the making of him.

IMG-20220817-WA0013.jpg
done deal

I’m clearly in a minority here. I wouldn’t sell. He’s still a kid, blistering pace, full of potential. Not physically fully developed yet, he’ll build & get stronger. Some don’t appear to see he’s been playing in front of a broken midfield & no striker.

I hope he realises his best chance of progression is here, where he starts every game, rather than Chelsea where he‘s unlikely to be a starter.

Get the midfield & striker sorted & we’ll see the best of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.