2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to take £60m and reinvest it in the squad, it's a no brainer. Although I do wonder about the structure & add-ons - we might never actually see all £60m.

I like to think of it as Chelsea making up the difference for Spurs underpaying for Richarlison.
We quite possibly wouldn't. I'd imagine the deal would probably be like £40m guaranteed, with £10m easy add ons (appearances, league placing etc) and then £10m could be a bit more complicated.

Spurs got Richarlison for £50m guaranteed, you have to remember, and the £10m add ons are supposedly easily attainable.

I'm not an accountant and we have half a dozen full time people at the club whose job it is to make the money decisions. Remember we have already sold Richarlison to appease the FFP brigade. Selling 2 diamonds to buy some lesser junk does not interest me. 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' anyone?
NSNO means nothing really.

To be fair for years we have been shouting for us to sell everybody as they are all rubbish etc.

Nobody should be irreplaceable, Thelwell/Lampard hopefully have a plan in place if it does happen.

We quite possibly wouldn't. I'd imagine the deal would probably be like £40m guaranteed, with £10m easy add ons (appearances, league placing etc) and then £10m could be a bit more complicated.

Spurs got Richarlison for £50m guaranteed, you have to remember, and the £10m add ons are supposedly easily attainable.

£50m guaranteed plus bonuses was what got reported this morning. It's the sort of deal we'll have to take.

We don’t have a replacement for Gordon so we shouldn’t sell. Kevin is sick in the head and can’t get a deal past the line. We can’t even agree to deals for kudus or gana. Wtf why would we sell Gordon we can’t even buy anyone!

Sell at £60m. Having said, it leaves us with little to no time to find a replacement.

We should already have a shortlist sorted and ready to go, we’ve had 8 weeks to look for a Richarlison replacement. If we’re now just starting to look for attackers then sack Thelwell and every single member of the recruitment team immediately.

I think he was at his level with Burnley. Hopefully he can step up but I am not confident about that happening.
I think he is a very gifted player who can move the ball really well.

Tell you what he isn't though, a bloody striker! I see him as an attacking midfielder playing more centrally, I was hoping Lampard would see it the same way after the Kiev game but he seems to be getting shoehorned in everywhere else right now.

We should already have a shortlist sorted and ready to go, we’ve had 8 weeks to look for a Richarlison replacement. If we’re now just starting to look for attackers then sack Thelwell and every single member of the recruitment team immediately.
This is the key thing. Any club should have an idea of what will happen if a player gets sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.