2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an accountant and we have half a dozen full time people at the club whose job it is to make the money decisions. Remember we have already sold Richarlison to appease the FFP brigade. Selling 2 diamonds to buy some lesser junk does not interest me. 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' anyone?
We had to sell Richarlison
1. He wanted to go
2. We were on the cusp of breaking FFP rules if we didn't sell.

Even with Richarlison and Gordon staying we were still garbage so for me selling them 2 and getting over 100m in should (I say should) aid us in making the team stronger overall. If it wasn't for FFP we would still be strong in the market and throwing money at all and sundry and possibly extended (or tried) the contracts of Richarlison & Gordon............unfortunately the past has caught up with us

NSNO means nothing really.

To be fair for years we have been shouting for us to sell everybody as they are all rubbish etc.

Nobody should be irreplaceable, Thelwell/Lampard hopefully have a plan in place if it does happen.
They don’t have a plan. They didn’t have a plan when we sold richarlison. McNeil is our richarlison replacement he’s not 1/3 the player Richy is. Complete junk

Are they? Not as convinced as some of you by this. Has Sancho been ripping up the prem? Grealish, what is he, 26, is he shining?
Grealish was fantastic at Villa for his last two seasons there. Well three, tbh. He's not a £100m player but they had a buy-out clause and City paid it.

Sancho was honestly so, so good in that Dortmund team, in Europe and the Bundesliga too. He's six months older than Gordon and already has 58 senior goals to his name in all competitions, including a fair few in the CL, and plenty of assists to go with it.

Yes, he had a poor season last year, but he's currently a step above Gordon, so getting £13m less isn't bad.

They don’t have a plan. They didn’t have a plan when we sold richarlison. McNeil is our richarlison replacement he’s not 1/3 the player Richy is. Complete junk
We couldn't afford to replace Richarlison with one player. McNeil replaced the winger aspect of Richarlison. We clearly still need to go and get the goalscorer aspect. The hope with selling Gordon would be it at least frees up funds to get both a wide forward and a striker - but the moves have to be made.

We should already have a shortlist sorted and ready to go, we’ve had 8 weeks to look for a Richarlison replacement. If we’re now just starting to look for attackers then sack Thelwell and every single member of the recruitment team immediately.
I guarantee we don’t and it will drag just like signing a 32 year old Gana. A deal we should easily get over the line. Kevin failed everton

Grealish was fantastic at Villa for his last two seasons there. Well three, tbh. He's not a £100m player but they had a buy-out clause and City paid it.

Sancho was honestly so, so good in that Dortmund team, in Europe and the Bundesliga too. He's six months older than Gordon and already has 58 senior goals to his name in all competitions, including a fair few in the CL, and plenty of assists to go with it.

Yes, he had a poor season last year, but he's currently a step above Gordon, so getting £13m less isn't bad.
So using playing in the prem as the measure both not really any better than Gordon. That is why you are seeing huge bids coming in and not being taken seriously.

NSNO means nothing really.

To be fair for years we have been shouting for us to sell everybody as they are all rubbish etc.

Nobody should be irreplaceable, Thelwell/Lampard hopefully have a plan in place if it does happen.
I'd like to put that claim to the test. I appreciate that Kenwright during his tenure has failed to uphold it, but you have to set your own bar high. I wonder what a supporters poll would say? Remove NSNO from the club's livery, or keep it for sentimental reasons?

Which bit?

Kenwright still pulls strings while absent without leave Mosh lets him.

or being True?

Either way we take that money.

I agree in principle that its not Kenwrihts Everton but while he is still involved in anyway thats how he sees it and he aint going anywhere until BMD opens, hes a leech.
It is Moshiri's club.

That's just factual.

The first two sentences were true!

Get our targets lined up now, sanction this deal and pull the trigger on bringing in the reinforcements. Hopefully have some attacking options for Saturday.

But this is Everton and we’ll drag it on until the last day.

He won’t play tonight so he’s not cup tied as the league cup is where he’ll make most of his starts for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.