2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its not the "entire point" at all - its one element, but also its the academy, its what system is in place from senior level downwards, its putting in structures and a playing philosophy.

You need to read up on what a DOF does and is responsible for before fuming over not signing a CF because unless the manager asked for one Thelwell wouldn't have been on the look out for one its that simple !

No it isn’t “that simple”, you’re talking complete and utter crap. It is not a DOF’s job to just do what the manager says. The DOF is ABOVE the manager, the entire point is that HE sets the footballing strategy and not the manager, because managers get turned over every 18 months.

What you’re advocating for is exactly what we’ve been doing for the past 6 years under this owner, letting each manager dictate policy and that’s exactly how we’ve ended up which such a bin fire of a squad full of players that this current manager doesn’t want and can’t work with. You don’t have a clue and frankly it’s boiling my head, don’t even know why I’m bothering trying to explain anything to you because you possess the critical thinking ability of an 8 year old.

I have obviously missed something here?

Wasn't this a fake bid/news?
Not convinced it was a fake bid as such. it's possible that there was some truth in the story. But somebody, whether that be one of the clubs or possibly the players agent, leaked the link to the press prematurely for reasons best known to themselves. Everybody will have there own stance on our transfer activity this window and will no doubt interpret this event to underpin their already held opinion. It's what we do.

I think it's fair to say that these sort of things make it more difficult to get a deal through, which is a shame really because he looks like an exciting prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.