Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but that wasn't my point mate.

We just don't know for sure what was rejected, if it was rejected. It might have been £40m and loads of little add ons that might go up to £60m. Maybe Fab's wrong (it wouldn't be the first time this summer mind, though his record is obviously great, I do wonder why he hasn't given a value to the bid).

If Everton want £50m+ add ons to £60m, they'll get it. In the meantime we have a game tonight that Gordon will have to, one way or the other, have to help us win.
This is just ridiculous and dumb. We're at risk of getting relegated and the sturdier path is being ignored. It's utter madness and we deserve what we get.

This is just ridiculous and dumb. We're at risk of getting relegated and the sturdier path is being ignored. It's utter madness and we deserve what we get.
Just wait and see what happens. It's getting proper boring, we know how you feel about it.

If Everton really have turned down £60m then yes, it'd be daft. But nothing concrete so far says we have rejected that much.

I'll wait and see when there's widespread, reliable reports from people who have been more up on the deal than Fab. I know he's very reliable, but let's wait and see when he puts it out there in a Tweet with figures to it ey.

Never been so bewildered by a transfer.

Do we think we can get a few more quid?

Do we think he's genuinely going to be a worldie?

Does Moshiri think fans will revolt if we sell him?

... If they've rejected that offer of £50m+£10m in add ons, then they must have the capacity to spend a good few quid in this window anyway.

The other point in this, is it essentially resolves FFP. We get through this year, then the awful loss year is removed from the cycle and we are ok for a bit.

So even if Usmanov is back at the wheel following sanctions being lifted in the EU, it resolves an accountancy issue.

I think they just want to drain more money from Chelsea, which they probably will, bit it's a risk, as there will be a point they say no.

Just wait and see what happens. It's getting proper boring, we know how you feel about it.

If Everton really have turned down £60m then yes, it'd be daft. But nothing concrete so far says we have rejected that much.

I'll wait and see when there's widespread, reliable reports from people who have been more up on the deal than Fab. I know he's very reliable, but let's wait and see when he puts it out there in a Tweet with figures to it ey.
Nothing concrete literally because of the words "up to."

You're believing what you want to here.

I agree with you, but we are not 100% relegated keeping Gordon, or 100% safe selling him.

I think we probably stay up in either scenario, but it will be dicey. Its unpopular, but think the set up and shape is better than last year, but we remain impotent until DCL returns. The big worry is we sell Gordon and Arteta it and dont recruit anyone. That would be alarming.

The concern is more, that it's just not very smart. Or if we end up with 65/70m it's super smart, but probably a risk not worth taking.

I agree with you, but we are not 100% relegated keeping Gordon, or 100% safe selling him.

I think we probably stay up in either scenario, but it will be dicey. Its unpopular, but think the set up and shape is better than last year, but we remain impotent until Dominic Calvert-Lewin returns. The big worry is we sell Gordon and Arteta it and dont recruit anyone. That would be alarming.

The concern is more, that it's just not very smart. Or if we end up with 65/70m it's super smart, but probably a risk not worth taking.
I think it is better too largely which is why I want to sell the 17th best first choice left wing in the league for exuberant money and try to find someone better. And on top of that we might just have a few extra to buy a real backup striker.

A gift on a literal silver platter and we've wiped our butts with it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back