Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ornstein, after reports from Sky and TalkSPORT earlier, said Chelsea were willing to pay up to £60m. Just like the other outlets. He didn't say it was going to be £60m just yet, but the suggestion at least was that talks were certainly ongoing.

The only one saying a bid has been rejected, at this time, is Fab. I'm sure that could easily change, but for now it's Fab, on his podcast, and he's not put any figure to it, which he usually does. So let's see what happens and what comes out.

In the meantime Everton play some actual footy.
As I've said many times we've already been offered well more compensation than the player is worth. Now feel free to correct me but as negotiations go each subsequent bid is likely to be higher than the one preceeding it so whatever the exact number we've again turned down more, substantially more actually, than what the guy is worth. Except now we're running out of time to see the funds benefit us and we're another game in during which the player has further crystallized that he isn't actually good enough for the fee.

So we can play the technicality game but I don't really need to wait, this is moronic behavior by a club that cannot afford to be doing it.

There’s no way, none, that Everton are turning down £50 mil upfront cash plus £10mil add ons. If that amount is ever offered, he’s gone.

If he doesn’t leave it will be because the media reports are crap, as far as the sums being offered are concerned.

If Chelsea are stupid enough to offer it, I’m sure we could get better for the money, just whether we can get them in the remainder of this window and not panic/blow the cash on weak replacements just because we have the cash and need to sign players. Can’t say I trust them to.
The problem is how far off would the media have to be for this to be a bad deal for us?

I don't think the club have valued the player properly and that is not great when you have no money and need to be able to make deals.

As I've said many times we've already been offered well more compensation than the player is worth. Now feel free to correct me but as negotiations go each subsequent bid is likely to be higher than the one preceeding it so whatever the exact number we've again turned down more, substantially more actually, than what the guy is worth. Except now we're running out of time to see the funds benefit us and we're another game in during which the player has further crystallized that he isn't actually good enough for the fee.

So we can play the technicality game but I don't really need to wait, this is moronic behavior by a club that cannot afford to be doing it.
You said exactly the same the other day, that he was proving he isn't worth it etc, but as I said the other day, Chelsea are still interested, they still want him (and I agree with you, he isn't worth it).

We don't know what this latest bid is. As I've said, if Fab and Ornstein and Bobble etc all say yeah we rejected a guaranteed £50m I'd say it was absolutely mental. But we don't know for sure. Yes, I'm sure it was more than £25m up front, but Everton cleary value him at more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back