2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly if this bid is real and all that I’d be livid if they didn’t accept it considering we sold Richarlison for only a small bit more when he’s a far better player. £100m+ for Gordon and Richarlison with it all being reinvested in the team will save this club for years and put us back on the right track in almost every aspect.

This is genuinely like us selling Rooney all over again, except instead of Rooney becoming United and England’s arguable best striker ever and top goal scorer he just became a lad they loaned out to Newcastle and Fulham for a few years before he got a run in an alright Southampton team.

I take it you’ve never watched Sky Sports News?

This wasn't sky sports news, it was the post match with the pundits.

I would expect someone like Kaveh spouting nonsense but not something to cause unrest for our club during a post match discussion.

Mate he is potential, nothing more. He's had one season. If he was on his 3rd or 4th season then you get a proper idea but he is not fully developed. He has excellent potential of course but there is nothing to say he will fulfill it and are we in a position to be turning down ,£40+m? Dont think so.

It will allow us to add more quality.
This, we can’t wait for potential at the moment as we don’t have other options. We need proven quality right now

The main thing on this rumour is why the hell would Chelsea want him for that price? Not even vaguely the type of player they need at the moment
Who knows or cares - it's Chelsea, they seems to be buying anyone who is available on any given day for any price. Take the offer before the new owners figure out how this whole soccerball thing works I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.