2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking Farhad and Bill reach agreement for STARBOY

giphy.gif

Some reflection on yesterday please.
Gordon‘s disallowed goal celebration was him holding a phone to his ear.
He knew the offer was there and he was inviting the move.
He wants out.
He’s commenting on Chelsea players Instagram posts about “their club”.
He is laughing at Everton.

Makes sense mate

Some reflection on yesterday please.
Gordon‘s disallowed goal celebration was him holding a phone to his ear.
He knew the offer was there and he was inviting the move.
He wants out.
He’s commenting on Chelsea players Instagram posts about “their club”.
He is laughing at Everton.

Even I laugh at Everton to be fair. And deep down I really love them.

If he stays this season if an adequate bid doesn’t come in, okay good. If a bid comes in that allows us to replace and buy other keys areas as a result, grand.

We’re in a really good position here IF Thelwell plays it right imo. Rejecting the first bid gives us time to find the right alternative before the window closes should we be inclined to sell.
It’s time we starting getting good at ‘playing’ the transfer market.

Love Gordon and genuinely excited about what he can do in the future. But…

Totally different in terms of age, potential and connection to the club but this reminds me of the Digne situation. At the time there were massive question marks over the deal, but in the reality of things it was timed perfectly, and we solved our left back and right back situation with the money we got.

Would like to believe we could do the something similar in this situation with attacking options should a ludicrous bid for Gordon come in.

Tbf those players are both better than Gordon currently.

I agree I would ask for more money but anywhere close to £50 millions and the club would be irresponsible for not selling.

To put into context - even though we sold Richy for £50-60 million the book profit for FFP was only about £30-35 millions and so much of that was to offset previous years losses if you believe the 30th June sale story yet we still spent money on Onana and McNeil.

Gordon being an academy lad would be a full profit on the books which means we could bring in 3 forward players and not be in fear of breaking any rules.

It just has to be done - the lad scored 3 goals last season he isn't Bale or Rooney.
This bit x100. To argue otherwise simply because he's "one of our own" is bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.