2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf those players are both better than Gordon currently.

I agree I would ask for more money but anywhere close to £50 millions and the club would be irresponsible for not selling.

To put into context - even though we sold Richy for £50-60 million the book profit for FFP was only about £30-35 millions and so much of that was to offset previous years losses if you believe the 30th June sale story yet we still spent money on Onana and McNeil.

Gordon being an academy lad would be a full profit on the books which means we could bring in 3 forward players and not be in fear of breaking any rules.

It just has to be done - the lad scored 3 goals last season he isn't Bale or Rooney.

Every player has their price I agree, but we are dealing with a team who are offering ludicrous amounts. Like £20m for a kid who has played once. Selling at the first offer would be totally bonkers.

If they don't want to go above £40 odd million then that's not enough and I would absolutely keep him. I don't trust Thelwell at all with the cash. The idea of selling him and having to reinvest well or we go down, terrifies the life out of me.

Flip side of that is, they may not come back with +£50m at all or perhaps not until right near the transfer deadline when our options might be a lot more limited than they are now; we could be scrambling round for deals last minute with clubs knowing we've got a bit of cash in our pocket (and we all know what happens when this club panics over transfers or jumps into last minute deals).

Doesn't bother me. I don't trust the club spending money properly. They've already wasted more money on McNeil who is an absolute nothing player.

Don’t think we should be selling him, but I dearly wish we had more depth of quality in the squad so he wasn’t one of the first names on the team sheet.
If he was coming of the bench I think I’d have totally different opinion of him, think he needed a spell on loan or something to find his scoring boots but he looks like he couldn’t score if his life depended on it.

This. He's only 21. It was mentioned on here about a few names in this league who are cutting it. All of them around 30. None of them as far as i am aware were playing that way at 21.
We're so crap that he gets in the side on a regular basis and the expectation has gone to high.
I think there is a good player there. But he needs time to mature a bit more.

Correct

Look at that Fofana. I'm sorry, but no one outside of the Stat Bois know who he is and they want to pay a world record fee for him.

Fofana is brilliant and is very young. Leicester paid 37m for him so they'll want a profit. 80m is a lot though.

We might be able to push towards 50m. Maybe 15-20m and Broja could work for us.

Moshiri at 42m bid
0_Everton-v-Arsenal-Premier-League-Goodison-Park.jpg

Moshiri at 60m bid
WA63ME-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.