2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he hasn't been incredible. But I honestly believe he has all the top attributes to be a top player.

Pretty shocked by everyone's drive to see him out the door.

Il take 55m though.

The club used the media in this way to try and sell Stones and Barkley.
Have we had anything official to say he’s not turned up for training, he hasn’t handed in a transfer request either.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was an agreement between the club, Gordon and Newcastle but the club are leaking things to make it easier to sell.

He either was at training or he wasn't. The media have all said he missed 3 days in a row, one was with permission. I don't think they are making it up.

I know it could suit the club to portray the player in a negative light, but I'm pretty sure this is the player's fault entirely if he has turned up. I'm pretty sure that they haven't tried to turn him away or stop him showing up.

I know he hasn't been incredible. But I honestly believe he has all the top attributes to be a top player.

Il take 55m though.

Horrendous attitude will massively restrict his future in the game. All of the top players are hungry and want more. This player thinks he's a massive success after scoring 3 league goals a season.

A similar player would be Lingard, some good attributes but lacks the attitude. Although I do think Lingard is a much much better player than AG.

Il take 55m though.
indeed but still shocked where this Gordon has gone who worked his socks off and would get yellow cards for some mistimed challenges. That is the bare minimum attitude i would expect from him. Without it he has looked very poor. Deal up to 45 mill i'd take if Thelwell has some replacements lined up like this kid from Rennes.

Il take 55m though.
He can run fast and is pretty good with the ball at his feet but he in no way has the attributes to be a top player (can’t pass or shoot) and will be on loan somewhere within a few years. Sensible clubs make themselves financially very well off by taking advantage of rich clubs who can afford to fill their English quotas with these players.

He is a young man, not a kid. If he deliberately missing training to force a move then he needs to take personal responsibility and know that it is going to cause a lot of anger in the fan base.

It goes without saying the scrotes chasing his car were in the wrong, but there has also been many times over the past year where thousands of fans both home and away have sung his name. You can't have it both ways, a player worth their salt would dig in and get your boyhood club to safety.

I don't like this narrative that because he is 21 he is somehow absolved of being a bad rat, he is not a child, let's not treat him like one.

Il take 55m though.
He hasn't just not been incredible, he's been very average and this season since the window closed a disgrace.

He might well turn out good, but we need players who are good now, not potentially in 3/4 years.

Also, he's a bellend.

He is a young man, not a kid. If he deliberately missing training to force a move then he needs to take personal responsibility and know that it is going to cause a lot of anger in the fan base.

It goes without saying the scrotes chasing his car were in the wrong, but there has also been many times over the past year where thousands of fans both home and away have sung his name. You can't have it both ways, a player worth their salt would dig in and get your boyhood club to safety.

I don't like this narrative that because he is 21 he is somehow absolved of being a bad rat, he is not a child, let's not treat him like one.

Couple of fellers gave him jib in his £60k+ land rover. The club were will to give him a £90k a week contract....

Yet we're in the wrong as fans and forced him out to some. Lol

Biggest rat in this club's history IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back