2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see us doing a deal at £40m plus Bats ( perm ) and Gilmour ( loan ).

Of course I'd prefer Broja and Gallagher but I think they are part of Tuchel's plans.

If that enables us to then conclude the Gana deal and get a good wide attacker like Terrier I'd be happy.

Selling Gordon at such a high fee helps enourmously on P&S

That would be kin horrendous

Yeah 100%

I'm not having a go at Iwobi. He's been our best player now overall since Lampard came in probably, if you go on sheer improvement, and for me now he's currently the first name on the teamsheet when it comes to midfielders/attackers.

But he still does Iwobi things. If we don't sell Gordon, then I think Iwobi has to be pushed further up the pitch because we need him to be our playmaker. I think that might be enough to keep us out of danger but it won't be enough for much more, because that's his level.

That's my roundabout point with Gordon. We shouldn't rely on him so much, but we do, and ultimately the result is that we finished 16th. It's not Gordon's fault, but he's really not that creative and he's not a huge goal threat as much as he's very talented. I think he'll go on to become those things but he's a work in progress.
Yep agree with everything although I actually think Iwobi has mor positive decisions on the ball and been a real bright spark. He’s really tidy with it. Whether th s just pure confidence in himself and from others.

Gordon has no end product and maybe he will get better, but like the rest of our attackers there is no conviction when in on goal. 40m is already a huge offer, should we get 50m then my hope, and that’s all it is, hope because the club never get proven quality in, is that we can spend that money on two players who can controbiutr much more than 4 goals in a season.

Of course I'd prefer Broja and Gallagher but I think they are part of Tuchel's plans.

If that enables us to then conclude the Gana deal and get a good wide attacker like Terrier I'd be happy.

bats. serious i give up

£40m is stupid money we wouldn’t be able to refuse, £50m more so.

He tries hard, but he’s still got a lot of work to do, and the position we’re in, we cannot afford to take a gamble on him.

It could massively backfire and he could become a superstar, but for me, there’s still too many questions to be turning down stupid money.
We have refused it like

Terrier genuinely looks a player

People on here say he's crap yet Chelsea make an opening bid of 40m. Davies comes on and makes a couple of safe passes yesterday and people are shot down for saying the clown shouldn't be near the squad. So strange and worrying. Gordons not a striker anyway so I don't know what Chelsea are on about. It's not his assists or goals for me, it's the way he chases everything that moves down and takes so much pressure off us with his end to end play. Having said that 50m + Broja may be worth a look at.
Davies yesterday made 4 crucial interceptions to stop nailed on goal scoring chances for Villa. We could have conceded more without him to be fair.

You know when playing were he's used to he absolutely tore arnold apart at Anfield. Keep ffs can't sell .he is raw but by got he's fast

Sure, but those two lads weren't even close to the players they are now. If Chelsea are seriously interested in AG, they're betting on potential, nothing else. For me, the likes of Pulisic and Ziyech and far superior players right now, so I don't know whose place on the bench he takes because he's definitely not starting ahead of Mount or Sterling or Havertz.

He will be loaned out year after year for the next 5-6 years then sold for profit. That’s the chelsea model, there is no way he’s getting in that chelsea team based on his current productivity

Status
Not open for further replies.