2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gordon is sold I will be very close to wanting Lampard gone. It'll mean he has no idea about this club.

I’ll be going top down all the way through the club, rampaging, they are playing fire.

Lampard has said previously, he wants to build a team around the lid, hands him 10, rumblings of a new deal, he and a few others will loose a lot of credibility and trust if they dare do this. On that basis Im currently holding and trusting the man at his word.

Like 99% of clubs on the planet other than Barca/Madrid, of course we are a selling club (and even those two are now as well). We are not an elite level club flush with cash, so the hard reality is we have to sell players - if we embrace it and do it well it should be a positive thing, not a negative.

Leicester are the prime example of this over recent years, doing it brilliantly. Southampton did it with Bale/Walcott/Ox/Shaw/Schneiderlin/Hojberg. Brighton just banked £100m for a CM and LB. Being a "selling club" is not the issue, it's effective reinvestment for continual growth we need to master.
Would we have hung on to Vardy like they did?.....not a chance.

He’s written off by a load of our fans after one full season in the prem, we have the coaches and manager there to improve his finishing and final ball.
If this happens I am pretty confident it would be against Lampard’s wishes.
He is our best winger by far, but he needs a striker, and not be used as one.

I would keep for now. Very tempting though.
I don't think he is ready to be our number 10 btw and heap pressure on him, The level of expectation on him is huge,by quite a way he is not the finished product.
I doubt Chelsea would make him a regular, and I also wonder if the player gets asked if he wants the move.

I honestly thought we were waiting till deadline for a few poverty loans, I guess thats why im pleased.

But I do kinda see how we got in this Striker mess, I think DCL getting injured so quickly took everybody by surprise, im not saying they should had all eggs in that basket by any means.

Ah anyway, I agree, a black mark hangs over the recruitment currently, im hopeful he can get rid of it, but as I said, 6 points already tossed aside, lets not make it 9.
I dont think we can beat forest with a front 3 of Gray Mcneil Rondon unfortunately

Which I do get the view. But try to think of other strengths he brings such as link up.

We would all love to go and get a proven 15/20 striker but it’s not going to happen.
I can also see lots of stuff Gordon can do but broja can’t. Gordon is the best outlet when it comes to quick counter, fast turnover. Gordon dribbles better. His direct running causes defence to break shape. Something broja will struggle to provide. I don’t see broja as far superior in every aspect of his game. I don’t see why we can’t keep Gordon and sign broja on loan. The desperation to get rid of Gordon is very weird.

I’ll be going top down all the way through the club, rampaging, they are playing fire.

Lampard has said previously, he wants to build a team around the lid, hands him 10, rumblings of a new deal, he and a few others will loose a lot of credibility and trust if they dare do this.
Exactly.

Gordon is a red line. Go over that and he's lost a hell of a lot of good will he's banked since the Palace game.

He’s written off by a load of our fans after one full season in the prem, we have the coaches and manager there to improve his finishing and final ball.
If this happens I am pretty confident it would be against Lampard’s wishes.
He is our best winger by far, but he needs a striker, and not be used as one.
I'm not writing him off but he's still not worth 40m

Status
Not open for further replies.