2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realise both us and Arsenal play in the same domestic pots too? Why are they ommitted?
It's probably fair unless you really dig down, Gordon scoring hypothetically 4 against Wrexham isn't the same as 4 against Stoke would be which isn't the same as 4 against Brighton would be.

He’s still posting miles and miles better numbers than Gordon in the same time frame at the same age.

I mean, we would be debating what are miles better.

His numbers are a bit better. I don't think they are that far ahead, but I suppose it comes down to interpretation.

No mate, I’m not

I’ve been lucky enough to see world class players at 20, and you can tell instantly the difference between a promising player and player that will change football.

I’ve seen Ronaldo play for PSV, Christiano Ronaldo rock out for Utd and a very very young Messi at the Nou Camp. When I watched them I knew, without a shadow of doubt, that they would go on to achieve at the top.

That’s the difference. So please stop calling Gordon world class
I have the exact same skill! I saw John Ebbrell come on as a sub for us when he was only 16, and I could instantly tell whether he’d end up being world class.

Tom Davies once scored past Man City

Doesn’t matter who you score against what we want to see is consistency

Davies couldn’t deliver on a consistent basis and it looks like Gordon is heading in that direction too

We can’t afford to start an attack minded player who is going to only be able to contribute a couple of goals and assists in a 38 game season

You realise both us and Arsenal play in the same domestic pots too? Why are they ommitted?

Because the league cup is a b rate competition where teams put out reserves or b teams.

I'm interested in league goals in competitive matches. His record is decent overall, and very good for a 21 year old.

Because the league cup is a b rate competition where teams put out reserves or b teams.

I'm interested in league goals in competitive matches. His record is decent overall, and very good for a 21 year old.

C'mon mate, 4 goals in 51 PL games is just not very good no matter his age.

You continue, like with DCL before him, to completely go OTT with your praise of Everton players.

I think if Chelsea offer £50m we should take it. There was a link that Chelsea would offer slightly more than £40m, plus Batshuyai. Gordon is a good player, but as many have said, his end product is not good at this moment in time. Batshuyai is not an amazing striker, but if we can get him and another striker like Guirassy or Semenyo, it gives the manager some options up top.
If you want to keep him, the question you have to ask is, can you see him becoming a £100m player like Jack Grealish? because then its worth keeping him, but if not, I think we have to sell to strengthen up front with players who can score goals.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ee-as-chelsea-ramp-up-anthony-gordon-pursuit/

Status
Not open for further replies.