2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well it's happening, so get it done.

From the clubs perspective I think we should move with this and quickly to enable us to get our own targets over the line. It's too good an offer to turn down.

From the players perspective, I really think he could be making a big mistake. He's moving into a very big pool of players, most, if not all of them more advanced than him in their ability and development. Despite having European football I can see him being starved of playing time and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him shipped out on loan in January. For his own development, I feel he would be far better off here at Everton where he would be guaranteed a lot of playing time if fit.

Unless, they can spend what they need to without selling him.

Deadline day could see a panic Chelsea/Spurs... even Newcastle bid.
More money on deadline day is worse than that money now, no good having money with a few hours left in the window, we'd have no time to replace him or spend that money.

No it isn’t “that simple”, you’re talking complete and utter crap. It is not a DOF’s job to just do what the manager says. The DOF is ABOVE the manager, the entire point is that HE sets the footballing strategy and not the manager, because managers get turned over every 18 months.

What you’re advocating for is exactly what we’ve been doing for the past 6 years under this owner, letting each manager dictate policy and that’s exactly how we’ve ended up which such a bin fire of a squad full of players that this current manager doesn’t want and can’t work with. You don’t have a clue and frankly it’s boiling my head, don’t even know why I’m bothering trying to explain anything to you because you possess the critical thinking ability of an 8 year old.

You're like a teenager with anger issues telling a Math Teacher that Algebra isn't a real thing.

Educate yourself because you're making yourself look very silly.

A DOF does not sign players for random positions in the squad without the managers say so.

IMO and I am far and away no expert in Footer terms(as you can see from my support for our very own Basket Case!) Both Gordon and Richy will live to regret these moves but they suit us down to the financials.

Cant see Richy being happy on the bench and same for Gordon, if he even gets bench time?

The Gordon one is baffling from his perspective unless he wants to be surrounded by quality players and to be honest who wouldnt but Chelsea is a weird choice and who knows there may be a twist in this yet........

How it pans out for them both is still a huge unanswered uncertainty.

You're like a teenager with anger issues telling a Math Teacher that Algebra isn't a real thing.

Educate yourself because you're making yourself look very silly.

A DOF does not sign players for random positions in the squad without the managers say so.

How’s it a “random position in the squad”? We have NO GOALSCORERS and SOLD OUR TOP GOALSCORER FROM LAST SEASON

Status
Not open for further replies.