Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Rafael is here for the salary and to work on his doorstep, I just don't get the hysteria over a possible loan signing that might become permanent (all speculation at this moment in time). If Jaffa doesn't want him, he wont play him. Simples. Moshiri isn't picking the team --as far as we know-- and Jaffa wont walk away from what must be one of the highest salaries in the Prem. Storm in a tea cup stuff me for, at present.
Storm in a teacup....christ sake man.

The club is on its knees and only heading one way.

Storm in a teacup....christ sake man.

The club is on its knees and only heading one way.
I meant with regards to the SPECULATION of signing El Ghazi, nothing else.

IF it does happen, it seems to be a loan - hardly the worst thing in the world, so long is there is no insane loan fee or a ridiculous obligation to buy. (If Rafael doesn't want him or rate him, he simply wont play him. End of story. The club wont implode).

Again, we're 22 pages deep on RUMOUR, with ZERO facts with regards to El Ghazi.

Is El Ghazi Messi? No. Do we need him? No. But I'm not going into full meltdown mode over some rumour that may or may not happen because some random gimp on Twitter has tweeted something. Is that really what "journalism" has come to?!? Is that really all it takes to make this fan base explode?!?

Right now, it all feels like the definition of storm in a tea cup; people going mental over rumour-at-best, loan-at-worst. If this time tomorrow we've signed him on a 5 year deal for £35m I'll happily join "the end is nigh!" crowd. Until then, I'm not losing any sleep over jibber jabber.

I meant with regards to the SPECULATION of signing El Ghazi, nothing else.

IF it does happen, it seems to be a loan - hardly the worst thing in the world, so long is there is no insane loan fee or a ridiculous obligation to buy. (If Rafael doesn't want him or rate him, he simply wont play him. End of story. The club wont implode).

Again, we're 22 pages deep on RUMOUR, with ZERO facts with regards to El Ghazi.

Is El Ghazi Messi? No. Do we need him? No. But I'm not going into full meltdown mode over some rumour that may or may not happen because some random gimp on Twitter has tweeted something. Is that really what "journalism" has come to?!? Is that really all it takes to make this fan base explode?!?

Right now, it all feels like the definition of storm in a tea cup; people going mental over rumour-at-best, loan-at-worst. If this time tomorrow we've signed him on a 5 year deal for £35m I'll happily join "the end is nigh!" crowd. Until then, I'm not losing any sleep over jibber jabber.
I fail to see anything possitive about signing a left sided forward .

We already have Richarlison , Gray , Gordon & even Dobbin.

Not like we are crying out for a CM & a CB.

This isnt jibber jabber mate , its another nail in the clubs coffin.

I fail to see anything possitive about signing a left sided forward .

We already have Richarlison , Gray , Gordon & even Dobbin.

Not like we are crying out for a CM & a CB.

This isnt jibber jabber mate , its another nail in the clubs coffin.
I agree with the general point, but at time of writing, not one single thing has actually happened. No-one has been signed, not on a loan, not on a permanent.

22 pages based on a speculative tweet. Seriously?!??!

Of course we should be looking at CM & CB areas (who is to say we aren't behind the scenes - granted I don't trust anyone at the club with recruitment, but we might be). I enjoy many parts of this forum, but some are just toxic. IF the Ghazi deals happens I'll be very disappointed as we don't need him, but I also don't think a 5 month loan will kill the club. If he doesn't offer anything, he wont play, and in summer he'll be on his way again.

There are FAR more pressing issues at this club and a lot of other things to go mental about than whether or not we get an attacking midfielder/wide forward on loan for a bit in my opinion.

Another average at best player from a premier league team? Yep, must be our incredible scouts hard at work.

949EAE37-6D60-4BCF-82CE-AB673E91D340.webp

Thought I'd post this from what I said yesterday:

El Ghazi is a decent player. Loves cutting inside and shoots very much. From a Villa perspective, Gerrard usually has 2 #10s instead of traditional wingers, which Ghazi is more suited for. Think that's more why he is out of favor and likely for us to move on (I'd much rather keep him over Trézéguet for reasons that should be clear after our game vs Brentford). Definitely is a confidence guy -- last season's December I think he was nominated for PL PotM and scored in maybe 4 in a row. El Ghazi is the best penalty taker I've seen at Villa in a long while, hasn't missed one for us (think he's 7/7)

Last thing: he is 10x the player that Iwobi is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back