Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit sorry for this lad. He clearly just wants to play and it seems he thinks he has more of a chance with us than with Villa. He's not getting any fanfare here, quite the opposite. If he does come to us then I hope he plays out of his skin for us, although I can only see him as backup behind Grey, Townsend and Gordon.
Gordon's coming on leaps and bounds. Been our best player over the last 4 games since Townsend has been out, albeit Gray has also played well too. Now Townsend is back Gordon will be back on the bench. If this guy from villa does come here, Gordon will be ranked behind him. Mark my words.

Really?

We FINALLY get a new RB, a highly rated one, that we've clamored for for years... and yet we haven't improved? o_O
He might be good but he’s very inexperienced and making a huge jump up in leagues. You’re banking on him hitting the ground running. I think it’ll take him time to settle. Reckon he’ll come good but he’s not an immediate plug and play guy. At least I doubt he is.

Can you back that’s up with fact? Or is it just your opinion on players you’ve never seen play, or seen how they suit our system better?
Well, I think Digne is better than the young Ukrainian. People can deny Dignes quality if they want to but he’s still a top player for me. El Ghazi is a backup every day of the week. And Patterson is young and likely talented but I doubt he comes in and is an automatic starter. He’s going to need time. So of course I’m speculating but it’s not like we’ve gone out and got a bunch of new first teamers that take us up a level now. Maybe they will, but it seems like we’re almost prepping for next season already.

He might be good but he’s very inexperienced and making a huge jump up in leagues. You’re banking on him hitting the ground running. I think it’ll take him time to settle. Reckon he’ll come good but he’s not an immediate plug and play guy. At least I doubt he is.
I'm banking on him being better than Seamus Coleman with a much higher ceiling.. which he already is/has. Therefore - improvement.

Well, I think Digne is better than the young Ukrainian. People can deny Dignes quality if they want to but he’s still a top player for me. El Ghazi is a backup every day of the week. And Patterson is young and likely talented but I doubt he comes in and is an automatic starter. He’s going to need time. So of course I’m speculating but it’s not like we’ve gone out and got a bunch of new first teamers that take us up a level now. Maybe they will, but it seems like we’re almost prepping for next season already.
But in which division?

Really?

We FINALLY get a new RB, a highly rated young player, in a position that we've clamored for fresh blood for for years... and that's suddenly not an improvement? o_O
Take the tinted specs off. He's probably right. Worrying times all of this stuff. The two lads brought in have all the potential to be great and hopefully they hit those levels but there's no gaurentees. Patterson can't even get a game at Rangers, I'd be pleasantly surprised if he started games and played well. Mykolenko is less of a worry but the problem is he will prob need the rest of this season to adjust and the pressure on him from the offset is tough as everyone will be comparing him to peak Digne. They're already writing him off. El Ghazi and Longstaff, if we get them, improve our squad maybe but not the first team.

Take the tinted specs off. He's probably right. Worrying times all of this stuff. The two lads brought in have all the potential to be great and hopefully they hit those levels but there's no gaurentees. Patterson can't even get a game at Rangers, I'd be pleasantly surprised if he started games and played well. Mykolenko is less of a worry but the problem is he will prob need the rest of this season to adjust and the pressure on him from the offset is tough as everyone will be comparing him to peak Digne. They're already writing him off. El Ghazi and Longstaff, if we get them, improve our squad maybe but not the first team.
Both players have witnessed far more success recently then what most in this Everton squad have done. I'll certainly take that for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.