April 4th 1987 - one of the best fan quips ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you old lads struggling ( I could only remember the away games and West Ham) just looked at Everton results.com, from that Watford live game on the Sunday that we lost and it looked like the it was over, we won 7 on the bounce, highlights Clarkes chip at Arsenal ( was that the year that some done time for mither before the game?) the same day that Wimbledon won, following week lashing it down at Chelsea, then 4 nil v West Ham then 12,000 - 15,000 at Villa. A crest of a wave that I thought wasn't going to end.

That Villa game.....it was Easter Saturday, wasn't it?

Fantastic day.....Villa Park looked and sounded like Glwadys Street.

We were away at Chelsea. It was also Grand National day.
It was pissing down. In those days the away end was uncovered and we were soaked to the skin.
A few people had radios. As those few relayed how the race was going as it unfolded, answering regular questions on who was winning, a voice pipes up:

"Eh, d'ye reckon the jockeys are going round asking 'So, d'ye know how are Everton doin'?"

We won - 1-2 with Alan Harper blasting a brilliant winner from the edge of the box.
If that was one of the best Fan Quips ever? My arse is a Bloater!

Does anyone remember the West Ham home game the following week when we won 4-0?

Pretty such that was a 12noon kick off, for some reason. Wasn't for tv, as this was 1987.

Yes, we were brilliant - 4-0 at half-time and I seem to remember Peter Reid scoring. Some old timers say it was the best 45 minutes ever but I doubt it given West Ham's away history..

I don't remember it kicking off at 12 though. The Grand National was not this day.

Still it was a great run in.

Yes, we were brilliant - 4-0 at half-time and I seem to remember Peter Reid scoring. Some old timers say it was the best 45 minutes ever but I doubt it given West Ham's away history..

I don't remember it kicking off at 12 though. The Grand National was not this day.

Still it was a great run in.
Yep West Ham not up to much but we were ace. Saw Liam Brady in the bar at Lime Street after the game when on my way back to London because lived near there at the time. He was still sweating!!!!! Looked like he had been ripped to shreds..which he had haha.

Yep West Ham not up to much but we were ace. Saw Liam Brady in the bar at Lime Street after the game when on my way back to London because lived near there at the time. He was still sweating!!!!! Looked like he had been ripped to shreds..which he had haha.

I wonder how many of the 70s ESCLA crew were still going by 1987. Johns Smith and Collings, Pete Leach, Mick Upfield (from Pompey), Andy Kings Dad, The Rev?

Liam Brady said in post match interview that Everton team was the best side he'd ever played against or something to that effect

Status
Not open for further replies.