Are the fans to blame?

• Yes mate

• No lad

• Cheese on toast

• I’m dead angry at a screen.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately you are talking about fans which is a shortened version of fanatics. Illogical rants and undulated admiration is our right, isn't it?

It takes a person of immense self-belief and vision to listen to the fans and yet forge a path which he/she sees regardless. Do we influence the decisions in the boardroom, yes we do. Do we sway the emotions of the populace, hell yes. Are we responsible for the downfall of a club and the footballing ethos it eschews. Hell no, it's completely on the people upstairs.

Ultimately, we want to be feel pride in whatever we wee on the pitch. Win/lose is secondary. Oh sure, we may grumble about the losses, but if the team puts in a shift and is seen to be progressing, I don't think fans as a whole will be upset with anyone who is trying to achieve that.

So are we responsible for the rot, hell no...

EDIT: After reading the message back, I realize, too many "hells" in there, but yeah, like hell I am gonna change that.

Nothing can be blamed on the fans until they(or a chosen representative) have a say in the running of this club.

I don't think this fanbase is different to any other.

I also agree with chico about the mentality of the fanbase. There needs to be a period where they accept a level of mediocrity before the manager has had time to add enough of their ideas for the club to then push on. In the hardest league in the world you can't just have someone come in with new ideas and be an immediate success.

Benitez isn't being helped by the negativity and I do think the negativity constantly spiralling around him hasn't helped his case and may have cost us points we would have otherwise got. However, that's not to say that he hasn't made mistakes. I very much am against sacking him as you can't keep starting again all the time. But he isn't helping himself with tactical decisions which gift hope to the opposition. Surely in a must win game at Norwich he needs to ensure he wins the midfield battle at the very least instead of playing two similar strikers in a system that saw neither of them given a single chance in the whole game.

Now hear me out on this but I’ve been thinking that there has to be something else that is a consistent in the failure of repeated Everton managers with an owner backing them financially. Obviously it’s not nice to hear this but do we as fans cause the toxicity around our club that means all are doomed to fail? Not saying it’s entirely the fans fault but the atmosphere of hysteria created by Evertonians is worse than Geordies, young players abused by fat dars or over hyped by FIFA obsessed millennials don’t stand a chance. Current narrative is that Moshiri is failing Everton but in my mind the fans are in cahoots with him after celebrating wildly a rich stranger taking over the club more than we celebrated the last trophy in 1995. Evertonians deserve better is a strap line used often but why do they deserve better and is this part of the entitled narrative that burdens anyone trying to fix the problem? Some, well many, Evertonians sabotage managerial appointments from the start as it wasn’t the manager they wanted and scouted themselves, so want to be proved right in their heads by the manager’s failure rather than Everton success.
Stick to game previews - those ones your current multies are cranking out are gash

Fans fault?
dear oh dearie me.
Look at the man behind the curtain with the 92% first - then work your way down
Edit; oh and look at the current world champion in the 'having your cake and eating it' stakes who conned fathead in the first place

Last edited:
I also agree with chico about the mentality of the fanbase. There needs to be a period where they accept a level of mediocrity before the manager has had time to add enough of their ideas for the club to then push on. In the hardest league in the world you can't just have someone come in with new ideas and be an immediate success.

Benitez isn't being helped by the negativity and I do think the negativity constantly spiralling around him hasn't helped his case and may have cost us points we would have otherwise got. However, that's not to say that he hasn't made mistakes. I very much am against sacking him as you can't keep starting again all the time. But he isn't helping himself with tactical decisions which gift hope to the opposition. Surely in a must win game at Norwich he needs to ensure he wins the midfield battle at the very least instead of playing two similar strikers in a system that saw neither of them given a single chance in the whole game.
Thank you for posting this heartfelt opinion. You are the future of Everton fanning.

Stick to game previews - those ones your current multies are cranking out are gash

Fans fault?
dear oh dearie me.
Look at the man behind the curtain with the 92% first - then work your way down
Look at the poll and realise you’re damaging Everton you toxic dinosaur.

PS how you’re well deggers.

Now hear me out on this but I’ve been thinking that there has to be something else that is a consistent in the failure of repeated Everton managers with an owner backing them financially. Obviously it’s not nice to hear this but do we as fans cause the toxicity around our club that means all are doomed to fail? Not saying it’s entirely the fans fault but the atmosphere of hysteria created by Evertonians is worse than Geordies, young players abused by fat dars or over hyped by FIFA obsessed millennials don’t stand a chance. Current narrative is that Moshiri is failing Everton but in my mind the fans are in cahoots with him after celebrating wildly a rich stranger taking over the club more than we celebrated the last trophy in 1995. Evertonians deserve better is a strap line used often but why do they deserve better and is this part of the entitled narrative that burdens anyone trying to fix the problem? Some, well many, Evertonians sabotage managerial appointments from the start as it wasn’t the manager they wanted and scouted themselves, so want to be proved right in their heads by the manager’s failure rather than Everton success.
PREACH!

We deserve everything we get. Everything!

I think sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for and perhaps we didn’t realise how good things actually were under Moyes and our approach to football and players. At times it was frustrating but how can any true football fan feel anything right now for this soulless and confused club.

Regards the fan situation. It’s a tough one as coming from down south it’s hard to fully appreciate how much football affects and dominates the lives of people who live on their clubs doorstep but I will say that I’ve taken my 6 year old son to Brighton (that horrid 3-2 loss - albeit he still thinks it was 2-2) and the recent game against Spurs and I was a little ashamed with the attitude and toxicity and my little boy was very upset by what he was hearing. He also uttered the words “isn’t it just football, it’s supposed to be a fun game”.

Lessons from a child who hasn’t supported Everton for that long eh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.