Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Solanke is 25 yet but I do know he's been very good the last two years, albeit in The Championship. Big, fast and has developed into a player with an eye for goal.

Prepare the vaults - I'm backing Solanke to surprise quite a few next season.

It's the big outlay for a player who is untested ala Solanke when he went to Bournemouth for £20mill and didn't do anything until in the championship.

We've got Simms and Dobbin who I'd rather we'd pushed than fork out £30mill for this feller.

They got £40m for Solanke and Rhian Brewster. Can you actually believe that.

Because they both got the odd brief run out under Klopp, they were seen as a worthy punt for newly promoted sides who feel they could unearth a gem.

It's clearly something we should be doing. Gordon had 1 season playing regularly and is now catching eyes of teams further up the table.

Give Simms, Onyango, Dobbin about 10 games next season... we'd make bank on all 3

Because they both got the odd brief run out under Klopp, they were seen as a worthy punt for newly promoted sides who feel they could unearth a gem.

It's clearly something we should be doing. Gordon had 1 season playing regularly and is now catching eyes of teams further up the table.

Give Simms, Onyango, Dobbin about 10 games next season... we'd make bank on all 3

We don’t have a sycophantic media campaign building up all our young players though which I’d imagine helps.

Broja would be brought in to supplement DCL and even stake a claim. Even go 2 up top when needed.

No way DCL leaves this summer.

Put it another way...

Do you really think that Broja, after a full season of first team football, would agree to go somewhere and know that he'd initially be playing 2nd fiddle to someone?

Also, are we, as a football club really in the position currently to spend £30m on a striker who will be at best competition to our current striker? When we have other pressing areas of concern?

I genuinely don't understand why Broja would come here or why we'd be prepared to spend that much money on Broja if Calvert-Lewin stays

The links to Dennis and the strikers in France for much cheaper make sense as cover for DCL, and we do need cover, but £30m would absolutely be the biggest signing of the summer for us and to spend that on a player who'd be providing competition would be nonsensical at the moment.

Having said that, if DCL leaves, Broja would be pretty much my number one choice to replace him.

Broja’s reps have given Chelsea the week to change their minds or he will leave the club, with West Ham his preferred destination.

it would help if we played our youngsters.
Difference is top sides see a cup game against a championship as chance to play their youngsters.
We see it as a potential banana skin where we are worried about losing with our first 11.
It’s even harder when we are fighting relegation. If we get back to midtable security we should prioritise getting u23s into the first team, if only for resale purposes

I agree with the idea that we bank on Simms, Dobbin and others, while focusing on buying a midfielder, a 'leader' and Richy replacement.

It is much easier slotting in untested young players in a top side, where they can play with freedom in a team doing well, alongside experienced pro’s who will cover them. That is a platform where young players can shine.

It is difficult putting them in a team fighting at the bottom, already lacking talent and leadership. It makes it so much harder for them, forces them to play safe rather than be brave and can cripple their confidence.

It just doesn't work like that though. It's a lot easier to convince people that you're a really good player who deserves a chance if you're being kept out by Mane, Salah, Diaz etc than it is when you're struggling to get in ahead of Rondon, Townsend and the like. It's also difficult to argue with the fact that their unwanted young lads have been considerably better than ours recently. The likes of Wilson and Williams have excelled at Championship level in a way that very few of our lads have, for whatever reason, and Solanke now looks like a £20m player even if it was a poor signing for Bournemouth at the time.

Put it another way...

Do you really think that Broja, after a full season of first team football, would agree to go somewhere and know that he'd initially be playing 2nd fiddle to someone?

Also, are we, as a football club really in the position currently to spend £30m on a striker who will be at best competition to our current striker? When we have other pressing areas of concern?

I genuinely don't understand why Broja would come here or why we'd be prepared to spend that much money on Broja if Calvert-Lewin stays

The links to Dennis and the strikers in France for much cheaper make sense as cover for DCL, and we do need cover, but £30m would absolutely be the biggest signing of the summer for us and to spend that on a player who'd be providing competition would be nonsensical at the moment.

Having said that, if DCL leaves, Broja would be pretty much my number one choice to replace him.
I find it hard looking at all the Prem teams to see where he would be their out and out 1st choice centre forward.
He & his advisors will know this , he is still very much in the development stage.
So yeah it really does make sense to come here , he'll get plenty of game time whist he's learning i've no doubt about that.

If he's of a mind that he thinks he's done it all & he's not prepared to fight (& learn) for his place in the team then i wouldnt want him here.

Yes I would like to see him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.