Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that.

But my point is different as I'm not comparing the academy players. I'm saying we're not active with ours. We let ours whittle down their contracts because we have zero structure in place. We barely send them on loan, we don't give them senior game time. That needs to change to even look at making money on them.

Simms - 21. Blackpool and Hearts. 3 months loans. 17 goals. 2 years on his contract. What we doing with him?

Broja - 20. Vitesse and Southampton. Full season loans. 20 goals. 4 year contract left. Chelsea want £30mill.

See the difference? Not comparing the players ability...but more the direction and structure. Chelsea have there's. We don't. Hence a player like Simms will just float on our books rather than us actively either give him game time...or sell him.
Yeah it's maddening what we do with these fringe youth players. Keep signing them to 1-2 year extensions and then either keep them in the U23s longer than they should be, or send them out on a last-minute loan. It all looks bad.

But it's also much easier to give out longer deals when you're talking about a prospect like Broja vs Simms. The whole structure needs to be changed. We need to attract better prospects and aggressively move them along in their development, or if they aren't good enough sell and release. It will be interesting to see how things change with the new loan rules, but our set up looks so amateur compared to Chelsea and even Brighton now.

Is it just me or do the scab 6 clubs get whopping premiums on their fringe players. £30m for a lad with one OK season at Southampton seems a crazy fee to me, if he was a Southampton player there is no way he would be getting linked at that value and, even if he was, they wouldn't get it. I understand he's young and a decent prospect but there has to be better value from overseas. I really don't want to become to Chelsea what Bournemouth are to the RS.
If he was a Southampton player they wouldnt be selling him.

It is much easier slotting in untested young players in a top side, where they can play with freedom in a team doing well, alongside experienced pro’s who will cover them. That is a platform where young players can shine.

It is difficult putting them in a team fighting at the bottom, already lacking talent and leadership. It makes it so much harder for them, forces them to play safe rather than be brave and can cripple their confidence.
This 100%, plus lets not forget the hype they will receive also.

My main watch on this was the reds last season, they just threw Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliott into midfield with Henderson/Fabinho or Thiago!
Now while they are good players in there own right, it is so much easier to just do the things you are good at and try other things when you know you have these guys behind you and you have the front players they have to play with.

Its why Anthony Gordon's season shouldnt be taken lightly, he excelled in a struggling team, and took a lot of the teams burden on himself

Yeah it's maddening what we do with these fringe youth players. Keep signing them to 1-2 year extensions and then either keep them in the U23s longer than they should be, or send them out on a last-minute loan. It all looks bad.

But it's also much easier to give out longer deals when you're talking about a prospect like Broja vs Simms. The whole structure needs to be changed. We need to attract better prospects and aggressively move them along in their development, or if they aren't good enough sell and release. It will be interesting to see how things change with the new loan rules, but our set up looks so amateur compared to Chelsea and even Brighton now.

Kept Pennington until he was 24. Kenny 25. Garbutt untill he was 26....

We're shocking for it.

Is it just me or do the scab 6 clubs get whopping premiums on their fringe players. £30m for a lad with one OK season at Southampton seems a crazy fee to me, if he was a Southampton player there is no way he would be getting linked at that value and, even if he was, they wouldn't get it. I understand he's young and a decent prospect but there has to be better value from overseas. I really don't want to become to Chelsea what Bournemouth are to the RS.
If he played for Southampton he wouldn’t have been for sale.

I think it’s different as Liverpool sold bang average players for huge fees to Bournemouth whereas Chelsea have spent years cherry picking all the best young talent and loaning them all out all over the place so they actually have real quality in their ranks. Problem is Chelsea also have a team that won the champions league only a year ago so whilst the likes of Gallagher look great, they aren’t elite and don’t get ahead of Mount or Kovacic or Kante etc.
Yeah, maybe. I still don't see how a figure of £30m can be reached for Broja.

The same Southampton who have always sold their best players?
Ward-Prowse and Livramento are still there, despite avaricious glances from several clubs. They have been selling them in the past, but it looks as though their management have realised that one cannot keep dismantling a team, if one wishes to stay in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.