Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

Even if he was fairly decent I still wouldn’t pay any money to help out Chelsea. They are getting away with murder already.
Yeah I wouldn’t want to do them a favour with this deal. Plus he’s not going to improve us assuming we still have DCL. And even if we didn’t he doesn’t seem like he’d be any more use than Beto 😩

If we’re going to take a massive punt on an unproven striker I’d rather we found some beast from the Belgian league or something 😂

Going to plant my flag in the sand here and get potentially ridiculed down the line for it.

I like Broja - think he's a player with potential still that has a lot going for him in the sort of role we'd potentially use him in. He's big, aggressive, mobile, has a good touch and has more finesse about him than any of our current striking options. I think there's a player in there still.

Downsides I'd accept - that injury he had was a bad one and the fact he didn't get much of a look in at Fulham last season would be a concern. I'm less worried about goals or lack thereof as that can be a function of the role he's playing or even just maturity - DCL himself is a good example of both.

I am well aware that I'm in the huge minority here, but given the profile of striker we want to play that focal point up top, I don't think he's the worst shout at all.

Going to plant my flag in the sand here and get potentially ridiculed down the line for it.

I like Broja - think he's a player with potential still that has a lot going for him in the sort of role we'd potentially use him in. He's big, aggressive, mobile, has a good touch and has more finesse about him than any of our current striking options. I think there's a player in there still.

Downsides I'd accept - that injury he had was a bad one and the fact he didn't get much of a look in at Fulham last season would be a concern. I'm less worried about goals or lack thereof as that can be a function of the role he's playing or even just maturity - DCL himself is a good example of both.

I am well aware that I'm in the huge minority here, but given the profile of striker we want to play that focal point up top, I don't think he's the worst shout at all.
I agree tbh, and the fulham loan worries me too

Everyone here thinking Broja is a big bustling number 9.

He's more in the mould of Richarlison for style if any of you actually watched him.

I’d be happier if we had Big Dunc (or similar) coaching the strikers as he did a great job with DCL.
We don’t appear to have anyone on staff dong that these days from what I can see (was Dunc replaced?). There is Woan and Stone, but nobody with any striker expertise, and certainly nobody in exactly the sort of striker Dyche plays.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back