Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the smokescreen to get the fans’ hopes up before we sign Chris Wood for £35m in the last hour of deadline day after we’ve sold DCL to Newcastle for £45m

I doubt we'll be able to get him, but if we can we should deffo do it in my opinion. The lad is only 20 and he's a beast of a player. Okay, I rate DCL very highly but compare where he was at 20 to where Broja is, and then imagine what Broja will be like in four years time.

Has to be worth £25m plus add-ons - basically a straight swap for Moise Kean, and there is no comparison between the two, Broja is miles ahead in just about every department. His strength is incredible, he has a fantastic turn of pace, a powerful shot, and he definitely knows where the goal is. I'd say he's better at this stage of his development than Lukaku was.

I don't want him on loan, he has to be a long term project. But SIGN HIM!

“Bring in hungry young players with bags of potential”

[linked with 20 year old widely tipped prospect]

“Don’t sign him he’s not the finished article”

For me there’s enough about him at 20 to be worth looking at.

You forgot to finish the sentence:

“Bring in hungry young players with bags of potential when it doesn't take up our whole transfer budget for a position we only need a backup"

This is the smokescreen to get the fans’ hopes up before we sign Chris Wood for £35m in the last hour of deadline day after we’ve sold DCL to Newcastle for £45m

We can only wish to get a player like Chris Wood and DCL will prob only pull in £3.50 and a packet of cheese and onion if Bill hasn't had lunch before the negotiations start.

“Bring in hungry young players with bags of potential when it doesn't take up our whole transfer budget for a position we only need a backup"
Our first choice 9 spent most of last season out with a quad injury that could pop again, the guy who mostly replaced him has gone, the third choice is Rondon.

We already have Gordon and Gray to replace Richy as a LW, signing a CF is a more important Richy replacement given where he spent more of last season playing.

I doubt we'll be able to get him, but if we can we should deffo do it in my opinion. The lad is only 20 and he's a beast of a player. Okay, I rate DCL very highly but compare where he was at 20 to where Broja is, and then imagine what Broja will be like in four years time.

Has to be worth £25m plus add-ons - basically a straight swap for Moise Kean, and there is no comparison between the two, Broja is miles ahead in just about every department. His strength is incredible, he has a fantastic turn of pace, a powerful shot, and he definitely knows where the goal is. I'd say he's better at this stage of his development than Lukaku was.

I don't want him on loan, he has to be a long term project. But SIGN HIM!
Compare their first full seasons at senior level in PL/Cups.

When DCL was 20 scored 8 in 2458 mins while playing all across the front line. While also getting 7 assists.

Broja scored 9 in 2339 minutes solely as a CF. With 1 assist.

I would take Broja. But not as a replacement for DCL. Needs to be as rotation/backup/alongside.

All depends on whether Kean's sale was factored into this summer's budget or not. If not it could allow a couple of 20m+ transfers. Hypothetically, if we bought Broja for the same price as Kean, then brought in Zinchenko for 20m, we could plan to get a DM and RW on loan. I'm skeptical about the reports on Kean, though. PSG don't need him.

Our first choice 9 spent most of last season out with a quad injury that could pop again, the guy who mostly replaced him has gone, the third choice is Rondon.

We already have Gordon and Gray to replace Richy as a LW, signing a CF is a more important Richy replacement given where he spent more of last season playing.

We have a starting CF and a back up CF...

we don't have a starting DMC or MC (unless you think Doucs is consistently up to the task.)

Compare their first full seasons at senior level in PL/Cups.

When DCL was 20 scored 8 in 2458 mins while playing all across the front line. While also getting 7 assists.

Broja scored 9 in 2339 minutes solely as a CF. With 1 assist.

I would take Broja. But not as a replacement for DCL. Needs to be as rotation/backup/alongside.

Fair point, I didn't realise how well DCL did at that age. But I agree, Broja is not a replacement for DCL, he's an addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.