Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

I suspect that we had a plan a) which was the initial deal on the table at Ipswich but once they, Ipswich, complicated matters and wanted to change the terms of the deal we went into plan b) which I don’t think was Everton but a return to Southampton but they managed to get Newcastle to cancel Frasers contract
Broja current injury is as much to do with him having to do a full pre season on the back of little to no game time at Fulham.
He wasn’t honing to get into the squad and like many academy prospects who burst on the scenes found it very difficult to take that final step.

Problem with you bringing academy lads through is at every level you're constantly bringing in 'bigger rep' players probably from the age of 14+ all the way through to the first team for every player they move past each season they find another 1 getting brought in ahead of them the next.

See you end of October when we are entrenched in a relegation battle, badly need goals and expect you to come on and do something that you have never been able to do.

I know there hasn’t been much forward planning at the club but that doesn’t mean me need to be fearful and suspicious when it occurs!

DCL won’t be here next season and we’d happily sell come Jan if possible. Chermiti isn’t fit and for his development a Jan loan would be best. Beto we don’t rate and will likely try to shift at some point.

Meanwhile we get a zero fee loan to have a close look at the guy we *think* could be DCL’s successor to be sure either way while also having the cover in place and hopefully up to speed to move on one or more strikers in January.

Oh I can guarantee that the hope is that Chermiti returns and shows he's ready at this level and they Broja wins the starting spot when fit and finally starts to live up to all his early promise.

That happens then you'd see DCL shifted off in January and Beto I the summer to pay for Broja.

That's my guess what the strategic thinking would be.

Broja's market value has been set, it's 30 million.
So much wrong with this.

Broja's market value is nowhere near 30 million. Chelsea have been desperate to sell him the entire summer. They would probably have taken less than 20 mill if someone offered that.

They waited all summer for someone to come in for him. At deadline day they were left with two options. Loan without a fee to Ipswich or Everton. With him not likely to be starting matches for any of them.

DCL got contract offers at the end of a couple of seasons were he have been troubled by injuries and playing for an ultra defensive manager that makes most offensive players look like dross.

If he gets back to form, stays fit and/or Everton replace Dyche, I expect him to sign a new contract.

It feels more likely that Everton start next season with DCL up top than Broja.
He doesn’t want to sign a contract. It’s nothing about form. In fact the more his form improves the less likely he is to sign- he wants to go to a bigger club. I don’t understand your argument- as it stands he is much more likely to leave than stay.

So much wrong with this.

Broja's market value is nowhere near 30 million. Chelsea have been desperate to sell him the entire summer. They would probably have taken less than 20 mill if someone offered that.

They waited all summer for someone to come in for him. At deadline day they were left with two options. Loan without a fee to Ipswich or Everton. With him not likely to be starting matches for any of them.

The market value is what someone is willing to pay. So we'll see. Right now it's zero as we aren't paying anything.

Beto is a sunk cost, playing him more probably hurts his value more than it helps. There's logic in trying to replace him for no capital outlay.

Not bad that. 410k ahead of me lol

Think I will try for Wembley instead
Finally got through and all that was on offer was the £495.50 tickets. I wondered why I hadn’t been booted out of the queue long before but now I get it!

And on topic, Broja is a free hit and who knows, he may have an impact like Ferguson or Donovan rather than Danjuma or King.

My main hope is that he is the ball player we need in the striker position. None of our other strikers really have that skill (although jury will be out on Chermo once he is back).

As someone said probably a free hit. Scored goals 10 on loan in the Dutch League . Scored 9 in all competitions for Southampton.
Fitness a major issue and pulled up no trees at Fulham. Adds to the competition when fit and does have Premier league experience. And is an extra body in the final third.
Depends which Broja we get.

This from the Baghdad Broadcasting Corporation.

Everton have signed Chelsea forward Armando Broja on a season-long loan with an option to make the move permanent next summer.

The 22-year-old Albania international had looked set to complete a deadline day move to Ipswich.

But a late twist saw the Merseyside club submit a deal sheet before the 23:00 BST deadline for the striker, who is expected to be out until mid-October with a foot injury.
I actually thought it was from Baghdad for a second and was going to say I’m not sure how ITK they are on PL football over there 😂

Don't think so mate.

Just looking at this season, Minteh the Prighones he tried for early on, moved on to Gnoto (last year's first choice only after losing out in those two), believe he was interested in Ebimbe (reckon he's one of the Dyche vetoes) and lastly tried at the death to get a deal over the line for the Lyon lad.

That's 4/5 in the same position that we know about from genuinely reliable sources, guessing but likely a few weeks never even caught wind of as they went nowhere fast (both Ndiaye and Lindstrom said they'd had previous interest from us which never made it into the press etc).

I do think he has a type of player he wants and if he can't get him then he's not gonna throw out the type to just get a body in either though. We didn't sign a winger he wanted be sure we failed on all the guys with genuine pace which all the ones listed above have, I'd rather he didn't in that situation bring in a player on the right just so he could say he sorted the position out, and that player lacked what he wanted.
I see him going back in for a player(whos not that good) as him not having done his work properly. This going back for the same player again and again is dead weird to me. We’ve done it with Gnonto, Danjuma and Broja just in the past year. Gnonto is far from amazing, Danjuma was the wrong type of player for Dyche and Broja isnt a very good goal scorer - which is what we need from a striker. Makes us look so small time, its incredible. We’re not going back in for great players that might help us achieve great things, we’re going in for mediocre known quantities. I get theres still this idea of potential with Gnonto and Broja, but Ive not seen anything to point to either ever developing into great players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back