2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

Was gutted DCL just couldn't get that ball over to him as he could really do with a goal.

It's clear Dyche wants his widemen to be defensive grafters like Harrison and McNeil, Danjuma will have to adapt or settle for cameos off the bench as a 2nd striker.

He's a good player, he may just be a bad fit for Dyche, but either way, I'm glad he's there as an option all the same.

From what Ive seen of him so far I just dont think hes anything more than a backup option this season. Hes always got time to prove people wrong, but it just seems like he really doesnt care that much that hes on the bench. He makes little effort when the ball isnt at his feet, and after making some token effort just turns it off again quickly. Then, when he does actually get the ball all he really wants to do is dribble at someone and take them on ignoring teammates and actual good play.

I just think hes the type of player who has talent, physical ability, but wont ever make the effort to turn himself into an actual good player. Instead all he wants to do is just get the ball and make goals himself, which looks great in lower leagues but wont happen at the top level. It doesnt look like he has the mentality for it, which is why Im glad we just got him on loan.

Was gutted DCL just couldn't get that ball over to him as he could really do with a goal.

It's clear Dyche wants his widemen to be defensive grafters like Harrison and McNeil, Danjuma will have to adapt or settle for cameos off the bench as a 2nd striker.

He's a good player, he may just be a bad fit for Dyche, but either way, I'm glad he's there as an option all the same.

He’s already got 2 goals for us and hasn’t kicked on. I just don’t think he’s a player that suits our current setup. Will probably do well elsewhere in a team that can afford to carry him for large parts of games.

I didn't like seeing him pull out of a challenge in the box last night. He'd raced onto that through ball from DCL and didn't fancy trying to get a shot off when O'Shea came over with a last ditch covering tackle.

No commitment to the cause there for me.

He'll get us an important goal or two though.

Early days to be fair.

His antics over the first move, Villarreal being so desperate to get shut season after season and Spurs not giving him a sniff is hard to shake. Glad it's not just me who has thought he's been a bit shy in the tackle, too.

I'd rather see McNeil and Harrison on the wings before him because from what I've seen, he's either a greedy sod or he hasn't got the awareness/composure to benefit the team.

But I do think he'll play a positive part. If McNeil or Harrison isn't on it, then he's right in isn't he?

As others have pointed out I question his mentality. Not going in for challenges, being a bit greedy, etc. He isn’t really getting a look out wide for a reason.

Is he a counter attacking threat? I think so but even when he has gotten in good positions his finishing was less than we need. Hopefully he gets more comfortable as the year goes on.

He’s already got 2 goals for us and hasn’t kicked on. I just don’t think he’s a player that suits our current setup. Will probably do well elsewhere in a team that can afford to carry him for large parts of games.

Alas we have many square pegs for round holes. An unfortunate consequence of so many managerial change!

Think he’s a bit like Beto where you visibly see he’s frustrated and probably is letting pressure get to him at times. Obviously not ideal but I’d prefer a player that tries to hard like him and Beto than one that doesn’t try at all.

I think he’ll be a good option for us this year but I think he’ll find it hard to displace McNeil, Doucoure or Harrison just because of how much they offer in terms of pressing and general fitness. It’s just not clicking for him at the minute but that’s alright when the team is winning.

I was one of those hoping to see him play in his second striker position, which he did against Burnley. Now, I am not sure he has the close control or movement necessary for the role in the team. He seems to be off pace which can be either a lack of Match Fitness or Tactical Nous. Either way we cannot risk him right now.

I agree mate, though both his goals came pre-Harrison and McNeil returning to full fitness though, so would have liked him to get on the score sheet last night just to give Dyche something he couldn't ignore.