2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if i were to be pedantic he did almost score in second half be it a good save to deny it. Exceptional players can play both wings, no one is suggesting he is exceptional at this point.
You hardly have to be exceptional to do a decent job on both wings its very common for players to switch sides these days. It was very disappointing that he couldn't make any impact at all in the second half because he had looked lively in the first half.

should’ve kept him on the left. he looked really dangerous and sharp. real burst past their rb a few times

need to keep hold of him and get him a run of starts, replaced with Dobbin when he starts to tire/dip

The enforced minutes for Beto and Danjuma might actually mean we score more goals tbh. Especially with Doucs back.

We really are at the bare bones now mind.

The enforced minutes for Beto and Danjuma might actually mean we score more goals tbh. Especially with Doucs back.

We really are at the bare bones now mind.
Still in a far superior shape to this time last year though, weirdly.

Danjuma plays well in LM... it's just that McNeil plays better - shame they both look lost at sea in the 10 or on the right though.

we just need to play it on the deck into space for Beto... if we play the same way we do with Dom it'll be a tough 3 games.

Looked good yesterday, admittedly against Nathaniel Clyne, who is utter garbage. Needs to show he can do that against other oppo and still have my doubts about his overall quality. If he'd taken some of his chances first time might have had a goal yesterday instead of quite weak stud roll and left foot efforts

Decision to move him to right in second half was baffling - why do that to your greatest attacking threat?

Looked good yesterday, admittedly against Nathaniel Clyne, who is utter garbage. Needs to show he can do that against other oppo and still have my doubts about his overall quality. If he'd taken some of his chances first time might have had a goal yesterday instead of quite weak stud roll and left foot efforts

Decision to move him to right in second half was baffling - why do that to your greatest attacking threat?
I don’t have many issues with Dyche but thought that was a clear case of favouritism- McNeil was struggling on the right so he switched his preferred player to his preferred position even though Danjuma from the left was looking a real threat.

I don’t have many issues with Dyche but thought that was a clear case of favouritism- McNeil was struggling on the right so he switched his preferred player to his preferred position even though Danjuma from the left was looking a real threat.
Agree, and it wasn't a game for whipped crosses in from deep with Palace basically going to a three at the back with that C.Richards playing 6. Was a game for getting in behind in wide areas and then working cut backs and so on -much more of a game for Danjuma with his quick feet than McNeill

….i liked his performance in that first half, looked like he had a point to prove and certainly carried threat.

….i liked his performance in that first half, looked like he had a point to prove and certainly carried threat.
First time I've seen him look a threat, hopefully he can learn from this performance as we need that option: someone who wants to take a man out of the game.

Hopefully Dyche also learns that he is more effective against teams like Palace who want to sit deep, where a bit of trickery and courage on the ball can make a difference

First time I've seen him look a threat, hopefully he can learn from this performance as we need that option: someone who wants to take a man out of the game.

Hopefully Dyche also learns that he is more effective against teams like Palace who want to sit deep, where a bit of trickery and courage on the ball can make a difference
Yeah, he offers something different and a directness we need at times.

He doesn’t match McNeil’s defensive contribution which makes him less of a Dyche player but Myko and Branthwaite have been rock solid down that side and don’t always need their hands held so sacrificing a bit of defensive contribution for Danjuma’s pace and directness on the counter is a good option to have.

I wouldn’t be ending the loan, that’s for sure.

Agree, and it wasn't a game for whipped crosses in from deep with Palace basically going to a three at the back with that C.Richards playing 6. Was a game for getting in behind in wide areas and then working cut backs and so on -much more of a game for Danjuma with his quick feet than McNeill
Agree and I think we should be doing more of what you suggest all the time. The “crosses for Dom” approach is just so dull and it’s not working. We are capable of keeping it on the floor and working it around and I’d like to see more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back