Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball generally stuck to him when it was played forward , it didnt bounce off his foot or his knee etc
Good movement, pace good for a man who's been out for so long
So glad for him
Options are what we need and if he can stay fit what we now have

The ball generally stuck to him when it was played forward , it didnt bounce off his foot or his knee etc
Good movement, pace good for a man who's been out for so long
So glad for him
Options are what we need and if he can stay fit what we now have
Will certainly be a measure of Bob's tactical acumen if/when he finally gets the injury list down and has a range of options available to him.

He looked quite sharp last night, shots on target and everything like.
I was totally astounded, I honestly thought he was likely to be medically retired at the end of the season.

Honestly was so impressed with him last night, never been a fan of him, couldn't believe we signed him, but my opinions have completely changed, showed a great desire to prove everyone wrong last night and he played extremely well, I don't know whether he stood out because the rest of the team where young debutants. However, I just hope it gives Lukaku a bit of competition and hopefully he will now start to bang in a couple of goals a game and we get the lukaku of last season back

Kone is an average striker. always has been through his career and when settled he has came back with an average goal tally for a striker.

FOr the first time in his career he has desire to actually come back and play. He has Eto'o and Lukaku, even Naismith ahead of him so he is currently 4th choice. Once he is 100% fit then that desire and passion might actually make him a worthwhile signing after all. We didn't need him last season but we sure as hell need naismith's and potentially kones odd goals to win games.

Looked decent last night, help ball up well, but suffered from a lack of support.
A welcome return offering something else up top.

Arouna Kone showed he was physically strong against Krasnodar, he did not look like he had been out for almost a year. He had sharp feet which pleased me and he always caused problems to the Krasnodar defence. We are still assessing him to see if he will be part of the squad for Monday against QPR.

Christ he's knackered already.

He's never going be a first choice starter for us, but he could do a job off the bench for sure.
You say that but I can see him starting against the Stokes and Hulls of this world who only want to wrestle, to tire them out and get them on cards. Then we bring on Rom if needed for the last half hour to tear them a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back