Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been a Kone backer for a while and I thought he was great tonight.

He put a shift in, his touch was great, his hold up play was excellent and his distribution largely good.

Didn't score, but if he keeps that up the goals will come.

I'd definitely have him at least on the bench for the 1st team games from now on, starting with QPR on Monday.

I thought we done well tonight, considering how the full squad snatched a draw at their place yet the kids and crocks were only a goalkeeping error from a similar result.
Kone shone up front with his work rate, hold up play and direct "shoot on sight" policy. He certainly looked sharp and fit and I can't wait to see him alongside his first team colleagues; I can see him working well with Coleman, Mirallas and Baines.

He is quite possibly the best striker in the league...

Oh, it's good to hear that our new 28 million man has finally arrived. I could see him at the end of Ledson's interview on the official, although he is followed by one of the Everton staff, so he's probably carrying his crutches/wheelchair for him.

Good luck to Kone, hope he stays injury free. For a player who lacks match fitness he done a good job last night and put himself about. Give him 30 minutes on Monday and rotate him over the Christmas games

wonder how Lukaku and Kone up top would work out, keep Lukaku on the shoulders of the centre halves (ie away from the ball) and let Kone drop deep to win the ball..........probably mean a bit of reshuffling of our current formation but thats not working out too well at the moment

Oh, it's good to hear that our new 28 million man has finally arrived. I could see him at the end of Ledson's interview on the official, although he is followed by one of the Everton staff, so he's probably carrying his crutches/wheelchair for him.
He had a great game. Not as much rustiness as youd think considering his bad luck with the recurring injury and then another long layoff. Very direct on the ball...refreshingly, considering our passing tendencies. Lets hope the wheelchair/crutches jibes are a thing of the past when he gets a goal or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back