Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
good effort from the lad, his touch and hold up was impeccable, something i really admired every time he raped heitinga for wigan. i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks another injury is around the corner.

He did ok tonight, don't forget he was playing in a inexperienced side, the patterns of play will be better against QPR, lets see how he fits in there. Games like this tonight he wont have the players alongside him to work with as good as he will have in the first team. If anything it was more a run to get up to fitness, either way he didnt let himself down

The first run out back is always good. Remember Barkley v Villa? Then the level dips before the match sharpness slowly comes back. I expect the same might happen with Kone.

Hopefully it just gets the fans of his back for a bit and he can start with a clean slate.

Can be a very useful player for us, different to both eto'o and Rom.

He will definitely get the backing of the fans I've no doubt about that. Out for a year with a career threatening injury will buy him as much time as he needs. Banging I'm a few goals will also help him as well. I was surprised with how match fit he looked tonight. Looks like we've been working him hard behind the scenes for a while.

The only worry i had after he came back from his injury was loss of pace, looks like hes still got plenty though.

Hope he gets a bit of luck and stays injury free from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back