Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. He's not THAT bad at holding it up and making a nuisance of himself, but almost everything else is dreadful.

Most importantly he's poor where it matters - in the box.

People have very short memories, it was Kone's last minute equaliser that salvaged a draw at home to Watford. Excellent goal it was, too. He was superb away at Southampton, he came of the bench and changed the game at West Brom, then there's the hatrick against Sunderland. He chips in now and again and that's all you can ask, he's not a winger at the end of the day so to expect him to boss there is a bit silly. There's some bad lids who support Everton, most of them in this thread. No wonder we play better away from home where's there not so many getting on the players' back

People have very short memories, it was Kone's last minute equaliser that salvaged a draw at home to Watford. Excellent goal it was, too. He was superb away at Southampton, he came of the bench and changed the game at West Brom, then there's the hatrick against Sunderland. He chips in now and again and that's all you can ask, he's not a winger at the end of the day so to expect him to boss there is a bit silly. There's some bad lids who support Everton, most of them in this thread. No wonder we play better away from home where's there not so many getting on the players' back

Nobody gets on Kones back, hes given a free pass, nobody is even surprised when he attempts to play football anymore.

Thats how bad he is.

bottom 10 with this defence

remember i scored hatrick i gave my team 3 points

While I'm all for fan interaction, I believe posting here may be distracting you from your day job, and risking further criticism from us fickle fans.

Good job tonight BTW.

I honestly can't believe:

a) Kone is a Premier League footballer.
b) Kone gets paid for being a Premier League footballer.
c) Kone is a footballer.
d) People here believe he played well tonight.

The lad is woeful. Can't pass, shoot, dribble or run with the ball. He has no positional awareness or awareness of who is around him (team mate or rival.)

Comments like: "His work rate and his holding up the ball was absolutely fantastic tonight" are unbelievable! He refuses to track back most of the time and lost the ball countless times when trying to "hold the ball up."

These Kone fans either know nothing about the sport, are brainwashed by Martinez and think he is "phenomenal" or want him to succeed so badly for whatever reason they can't see any bad in him.

Pro Kone comments blow my mind.

He's just another one them Everton players that when they have the ball you are just hoping they get rid of it and pass it to a good Everton player and hope they disappear. We always have atleast one in the first team.

He may be able to hold the ball up well but he is an attacker, he needs to be moving the ball towards goal, not stopping with it.

He is a striker, he needs to be scoring goals or at least looking like doing so, right now he doesn't look like doing either. Credit where credits due, MArtinez made the Naisse signing at the right time.

He may be able to hold the ball up well but he is an attacker, he needs to be moving the ball towards goal, not stopping with it.

He is a striker, he needs to be scoring goals or at least looking like doing so, right now he doesn't look like doing either. Credit where credits due, MArtinez made the Naisse signing at the right time.
I imagine Naisse was watching those chances Kone missed thinking "i'm going to do alright here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back