Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just another one them Everton players that when they have the ball you are just hoping they get rid of it and pass it to a good Everton player and hope they disappear. We always have atleast one in the first team.

Yeah. That said remember when Hibbert AND Osman where first teamers! haha

I have come to the conclusion that, after 3 years or so of being patient and giving him the benefit of the doubt because of a (let's be fair) awfully terrible injury, he's not good enough and never was. His hat trick was a purple patch.

He is not worthy of the number 9 shirt. I personally don't think he's worthy of an Everton shirt.

I have come to the conclusion that, after 3 years or so of being patient and giving him the benefit of the doubt because of a (let's be fair) awfully terrible injury, he's not good enough and never was. His hat trick was a purple patch.

He is not worthy of the number 9 shirt. I personally don't think he's worthy of an Everton shirt.

Thing is mate, whilst he was never a burner by any means - he did have a bit of pace about him when at Wigan, since he popped his knee and returned that has completely and utterly gone for good, and Kone without any pace is just a terrible player at this level, not big enough to be a target man, not skilful enough to link up play, not clinical enough to put away chances when he gets them, and no pace to get behind or stretch a team, hell he doesn't even work that hard or help out defensively, just a bad bad buy and seeing him wear that number 9 shirt makes me cringe

.....for me he's offering nothing as an impact player and if he's our back up forward sitting on the bench that is his main requirement. I just don't see him coming on and making a difference and I suspect his record reflects this. Might as well throw Mirallas or Deulofeu up there.

Martinez once said he's the complete striker or something, you can find the quote online, complete without a goal in 3 months having played most games.

think it was the one that he compared him with the Ivory Coast to Drogba mate, said they were on a similar level and such, another one of Martinez great bits of hyperbole

I'm not going to comments about his ability, but if you're going to bring another striker on when you're chasing the game, you should actually play him up top and through the middle. Not on the left so that when that striker inevitably does drift inside, we still have something on the left.

That purple patch is somehow keeping him playing some part in our squad when really he shouldn't be anywhere near the bench, let alone the XI.

Some may have suggested that Lukaku play (or played) better when Koné is on, but I think the games of late show this to no longer be the case.

I genuinely just do not see what he offers: he's not a wide player; lacklustre finishing as of late; poor decision making and just far too slow.

Why oh why Mirallas wasn't given the opportunity to stretch West Brom yesterday in front of him is beyond me, as he can finish and probe teams.

99% people have realised that he's past it or as some were shouting yesterday, pure garbage. Unfortunately, Martinez is in the 1% Koné love cult.

think it was the one that he compared him with the Ivory Coast to Drogba mate, said they were on a similar level and such, another one of Martinez great bits of hyperbole
But he insisted that if the negotiations are successfully completed the Blues would be recruiting a “complete striker” who would increase competition for places in a crucial department of the team.

“He’s a very complete striker,” he added.

That purple patch is somehow keeping him playing some part in our squad when really he shouldn't be anywhere near the bench, let alone the XI.

Some may have suggested that Lukaku play (or played) better when Koné is on, but I think the games of late show this to no longer be the case.

I genuinely just do not see what he offers: he's not a wide player; lacklustre finishing as of late; poor decision making and just far too slow.

Why oh why Mirallas wasn't given the opportunity to stretch West Brom yesterday in front of him is beyond me, as he can finish and probe teams.

99% people have realised that he's past it or as some were shouting yesterday, pure garbage. Unfortunately, Martinez is in the 1% Koné love cult.
or perhaps the lack of alternatives..?

Agreed. Even before we signed him he was not good enough...

Hes got to be sold in summer or another player brought in so he only has 12months left as 3rd choice striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back