Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come to the conclusion that, after 3 years or so of being patient and giving him the benefit of the doubt because of a (let's be fair) awfully terrible injury, he's not good enough and never was. His hat trick was a purple patch.

He is not worthy of the number 9 shirt. I personally don't think he's worthy of an Everton shirt.
Close this thread please with this post. May possibly be the worst player to wear our famous 9 shirt. Manager needs to be sacked for ruining Mirallas' career for this pathetic excuse of footballer.
Rant over. Going to bed. Love you all...

Agreed. Even before we signed him he was not good enough...

Hes got to be sold in summer or another player brought in so he only has 12months left as 3rd choice striker.

But he won't be unless the management changes. He'll stay, Cleverley will stay, Mirallas will go.

But he won't be unless the management changes. He'll stay, Cleverley will stay, Mirallas will go.

If Niasse is top notch Mirallas will go anyway.

Cleverley will be on the bench anyway as well.

Kone is just a total anomaly. He should be sold or kept as 3rd choice for 12months in case of emergencies.

If Niasse is top notch Mirallas will go anyway.

Cleverley will be on the bench anyway as well.

Kone is just a total anomaly. He should be sold or kept as 3rd choice for 12months in case of emergencies.

Again though Zat, he won't be. Martinez finds a way to pick him every time he is fit to play.

Again though Zat, he won't be. Martinez finds a way to pick him every time he is fit to play.

True. Totallt bizarre, even my mum said this today as well.

Cant quite figure it out....Martinez isnt stupid so why play him and osman for example recently...no sense.

I can't fathom out why Kone is still at the club never time getting playing time. Mirellas must have done something really bad to be treated in this fashion.
I agree but why did we then offer him a new contract? Arguably, you'd say it's most probably just to get money in the summer from a transfer.

Yet, if you're paying him his wages it's ridiculous not to allow a player of his ability, or at least make him, contribute to the squad's fortunes.

He's a good player and Martinez is stubbornly not using him and instead allowing someone like Koné, who offers sweet FA, to embarrass us all.

But it is - and backed up by facts, too.

People think it is some great mystery why he was loathed at Villa and United and has been next to useless here.

He's been one of our best five players this season. Lukaku, Barkley, Barry in my view, then Clev. He's been outstanding in the last few games particularly and was critical to our unlikely winning streak lately.

He's been one of our best five players this season. Lukaku, Barkley, Barry in my view, then Clev. He's been outstanding in the last few games particularly and was critical to our unlikely winning streak lately.

Oh come on Tubes ffs.

Unlikely winning streak?!!? You genuinely were surprised we beat Carlisle and Newcastle? The only 'surprise' win was Stoke - and they'd lost their last four league games.

Clev has been better than Del? Not by any measurement. I'm no fan at all but you could make a clear case for Funes Mori being better across the season than Cleverley. When the rest of the squad consists of people like Osman, Howard, a brilliant but woefully out of form Stones, Kone - that doesn't leave a lot less for him to beat.

When it gets rough in games, Cleverley goes hiding. He would be nowhere near this Everton side if the management changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back