Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its easy to list players who arent good enough for the current team.

In a way i applaud you for not slating Kone, he's also done nothing wrong (see Gibson/Howard) and comes across as a likeable chap.

However,i stand by what i wrote when he signed which was, he's useless. He should never have been considered for us and neither his injury nor ramadan or other reasons for his poor performances change that opinion of mine before he was signed.

In an ultra attacking team he was the focal point for Wigan and his goals were due to him getting most of their chances laid on for him.

For us hes been dreadful but for a couple of games where some were saying "i told you he was brilliant"! Again i said then to give him till Jan and see if he kept it up. He hasnt and hes got a new contract for nothing.

in an ideal world he would be sold but i think he will stay for one more season as 3rd choice when we build in the summer.

In other words... you made my point

In your mind maybe, in the real world not even close. Maybe getting back to the content will help

What decent European teams has he done well/sometimes very well at then?

When has he done well/sometimes very well at international level?

In your mind maybe, in the real world not even close. Maybe getting back to the content will help

What decent European teams has he done well/sometimes very well at then?

When has he done well/sometimes very well at international level?
These are some strange posts. You've taken three snide replies to quote what I actually said which is what I asked you to do in first place.
If it's just a respectful difference of opinion why not do that and I might actually consider what you're saying and wonder if you have a point which surely would be what you're aiming for.
Obviously it's subjective what a decent team is and what doing well means. I can post this link that would imply plenty of observers think that's been the case. I certainly don't think it's 'bigging him up' to suggest he's done well at times. Players really don't have top level careers if that's not the case.
Again subjective whether we should have bought him, but the original post's theme was how does any of this equate to him deserving abuse?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...everton-boss-martinez-special-arouna-10379118

Can't blame Kone for being useless,have to blame the manager for picking him.
He's on a hiding to nothing as you can tell he's significantly lacking in confidence as shown by his recent performances (or lack of) in front of goal.

That's again then multiplied by the fact he's being fielded on the left side where his lack of pace and movement is being exposed.

Yes we can grumble about his decision making, lack of pace and the growing loss of his control of the ball, but as you said it's not us picking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back