Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, Kone was born in 1983. He is older than Naismith, who was born in 1986. What about that is unconvincing?

And I never said Naismith was prolific - in isolation that would be a meaningless statement. I said that he was more proven as a prem goalscorer than Kone, which is a simple comparison of their respective scoring records. Naismith has scored more goals, and made more assists, for us and Norwich than Kone has for Wigan and us.

If Naismith is average (which I wouldn't necessarily disagree) then, by comparison, Kone is below average at best. It's also a fair assumption that Naismith, as the younger man, will add more goals and assists to his tally form this point than Kone will.

Naismith - 19 goals in 104 Prem apps
Kone - 17 goals in 73 Prem apps

It would appear Kone averages better

When two players have the same goals-to-game ratio, the way to identify the better goalscorer is to look at total goals scored.

The point being made was that one of them cost nothing when we picked him up in his mid-twenties. The other cost £6m when we bought him at 29 years old. If they both ended up performing poorly, as per your suggestion, one of them is still by far the worse acquisition.

I am by no means suggesting Kone was the better signing in terms of value for money, I just can't be arsed with this "BURR I'D RATHER AV KEPT NAISY LAD EEZ WELL BETTER". Nah, he wasn't good enough either

Good spot....it,s just the 8 goals in 3 years. Tremendous achievement, eh.

I shed a tear every time I see his name on the team sheet.

It smacks of the manager building players up tell them and everyone else how good they are, and then feeling forced to take them with him when he got a better job.

Mate, Kone was born in 1983. He is older than Naismith, who was born in 1986. What about that is unconvincing?

And I never said Naismith was prolific - in isolation that would be a meaningless statement. I said that he was more proven as a prem goalscorer than Kone, which is a simple comparison of their respective scoring records. Naismith has scored more goals, and made more assists, for us and Norwich than Kone has for Wigan and us.

If Naismith is average (which I wouldn't necessarily disagree) then, by comparison, Kone is below average at best. It's also a fair assumption that Naismith, as the younger man, will add more goals and assists to his tally form this point than Kone will.

Read it again. I said we signed Kone when he was 29. I did not say they were the same age. Naismith signed by Norwich at 29.

The point being both clubs have signed bang average players at the end of their 20s (the age they signed for their current respective clubs, not the age they are currently. Clear? Or are you deliberately being obtuse?) for 6-8 million. It's the going rate. Rightly or wrongly.

Has Kone shagged your wife? You're very down on him?

no it's an awful example becuase Soldado had pedigree, he had an excellent record at Valencia, had an unreal record in Europe, he was bought to start & had good sell on value

Kone had none of those things going for him. It hasn't gone "belly up" for him here it's gone almost exactly how it went at the 1 big club He has played at previously, Poor goal scoring record & a poor injury record.

Of course it's gone belly up, it's not worked out!

I strongly suspect old Arouna has been doing the rounds with the ladies of GOT posters. There's a lot of hate for the man. Did you walk in on them or something?

I strongly suspect old Arouna has been doing the rounds with the ladies of GOT posters. There's a lot of hate for the man. Did you walk in on them or something?

Belly up would imply something out of the ordinary, just like what happened with Soldado (the example you used)

Kone is performing exactly how he has in the past at a big club.

Again there seems to be a distinct lack of evidence to back up your opinion so just go with a witty quip instead.

Naismith - 19 goals in 104 Prem apps
Kone - 17 goals in 73 Prem apps

It would appear Kone averages better

Not much in it, but Naismith has the edge overall and also Naismith never really played as the main striker whereas Kone did for Wigan.

Naismith is a goal every 275 minutes in the PL.
Kone is a goal every 290 minutes in the PL.

Belly up means things going wrong in a given context. His move went wrong. Simple. Ae for evidence I'd suggest we've both put forward our opinions. So you're in no better position.

As for the joke, was just trying to lighten the debate. But was he pumping yer bird? I found him doing mine, proper narked me. It's OK to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back