Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

The former..he is the shell of a player he was at Wigan.
Wage drain on the club for 3 years.

Couldn't agree more mate, it's like bringing on a ghost. Most of the time you don't know he's there and every now and then you see something out of the corner of your eye, shake your heart and it's gone !

Arouna Kone - No 9 (Striker)
Total Apps - 24 (2013-2016)
Total Goals - 16 (2013-2016)

Oh my.

Where are those stats from? For Everton he's scored 8 goals in 51 games.

For Wigan 13 in 38.

According to Tfr market.com when playing as a centre forward for Everton he has 3 goals in 28 games.

Naismith is younger and a more proven prem goalscorer. Norwich will see a return on their investment.

More to the point, we got Naismith on a free and have, over the long term, replaced him with someone older and less talented AND paid a £6m fee to do so.

Steven Naismith is not a "more proven Prem scorer". His goals-to game ratio with us was more or less the same as Kone's but spread over more games. Norwich haven't won a game since he went there and are level on points with Newcastle in the relegation zone. He's crap, so is Kone, why does it have to be one or the other? Can't we just punt both? One down, one more to go

Not convinced by that logic - Naismith was never prolific and we signed Kone when 29 too. Plus, if Naismith gets injured Norwich would be in a similar boat. Which is speculation of course. No, my argument is that seems to be the going rate for average forwards.
Mate, Kone was born in 1983. He is older than Naismith, who was born in 1986. What about that is unconvincing?

And I never said Naismith was prolific - in isolation that would be a meaningless statement. I said that he was more proven as a prem goalscorer than Kone, which is a simple comparison of their respective scoring records. Naismith has scored more goals, and made more assists, for us and Norwich than Kone has for Wigan and us.

If Naismith is average (which I wouldn't necessarily disagree) then, by comparison, Kone is below average at best. It's also a fair assumption that Naismith, as the younger man, will add more goals and assists to his tally form this point than Kone will.

Steven Naismith is not a "more proven Prem scorer". His goals-to game ratio with us was more or less the same as Kone's but spread over more games. Norwich haven't won a game since he went there and are level on points with Newcastle in the relegation zone. He's crap, so is Kone, why does it have to be one or the other? Can't we just punt both? One down, one more to go
When two players have the same goals-to-game ratio, the way to identify the better goalscorer is to look at total goals scored.

The point being made was that one of them cost nothing when we picked him up in his mid-twenties. The other cost £6m when we bought him at 29 years old. If they both ended up performing poorly, as per your suggestion, one of them is still by far the worse acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back