Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made up for the lad. Been on an horrific injury trip, getting on as a footballer, but showed today he can still bring something to the team. He must be chuffed as buttons at how pre season and now the season has worked out for him.

Pleased as punch for him. Its really great and speaks volumes for his character that the intense hard work and patience needed to get back fit and firing has been done with no moaning no nights out on the sherbert and no mucking the manager around. Severe injury and a long battle back has finished some players off mentally in the past so its a fine example to some of the youth in the squads that when inevitable injury does occur if you keep focused and give it the time it deserves making it back is very possible.

And well done Martinez for giving him a run alongside Big Rom. Go Everton Allez le Toffees.

who's this new Kone fella ? only 2 games since since i thought he was the most useless footballer id ever seen ! a goal and two assist later....... his control was great today ! linked well with other players and his cross for Romelu was almost inch perfect ! well done fella ! wont be eating my words yet....... but hopefully soon !

Even at times when they played together last year you could see he and Rom had a good understanding, each of their individual strengths makes up for the others weaknesses, hopefully they're used together much more and carry on the good form

It's unbelievable how good he's been the past two games. The bloke was playing like a 25 year old today, and fair play for coming back from such a bad injury at his age to play like that.

Also - can anyone there tell me what was being sung to him when he got subbed off? Couldn't make it out

I believe it was "Kone, we're really sorry we doubted you and booed you in the games before, but you really didn't play well and we thought we were being quite fair in our assessment. However, you've really turned it around and we, collectively, would like to apologise for our boorish behaviour" sung to tune of Rocket Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back