Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
@everton: RM: "Last week was a turning point for Arouna. The best moment for me today was the song and reaction he got when he came off." #SOUvEFC

Ole , ole ole ole Kone, Kone

That was a boss moment. He's had dogs abuse from us all for ages but everyone's happy he's gone part of the way to prove us wrong.

Given his injury I thought he was finished and I'm made up for him.

Ole , ole ole ole Kone, Kone

That was a boss moment. He's had dogs abuse from us all for ages but everyone's happy he's gone part of the way to prove us wrong.

Given his injury I thought he was finished and I'm made up for him.
You can tell he is made up with it as well - must be a huge release of tension to finally have your feet doing the things that you've been meaning for them to do.

Hopefully Arouna can put his arm round McGeady and Aiden will be serenaded from the stands as well.

I've never slagged him off. I knew how bad the injury he suffered was. It was horrendous. I always knew he was a decent player. Have a look at these highlight clips from the Citeh - Wigan cup final, and watch his performance - take note of the first attack and his lovely through ball to McManaman.

It's well worth watching this, btw - Robles, McCarthy and Kone......

Delighted for him. Hope he keeps this up. He doesn't have to be a world beater every game but a good handful of assists and goals would be a nice season for him.

I might be eating my last comments on this thread, keep playing like that
Not going to get exited just yet, let's hope it's not a one goal wonder.
He's got a lot more to prove yet.

Just saying like

Now I'm warming to him :cheers:

I've never slagged him off. I knew how bad the injury he suffered was. It was horrendous. I always knew he was a decent player. Have a look at these highlight clips from the Citeh - Wigan cup final, and watch his performance - take note of the first attack and his lovely through ball to McManaman.

It's well worth watching this, btw - Robles, McCarthy and Kone......

Bollocks. He was for 2 years in an Everton shirt and pretty sure everyone at some point wished we'd get rid. People were even advocating Chris Long to be played ahead of him ffs.

Shame Lukaku didnt put his head on his knee for the celebration so he could shine it up. Modern twist on a classic.
Cracking cross played and ran down pressurised and fought for the cause for his every minute.

There was a time I didnt see him putting two consecutive minutes together - so two standout back to back games of pure running sprinkled with a dash of quality a goal and assist. Fair play that man. Rub my face in it some more sir!

Go on!

I know @LinekersLegs has already posted it, but in case some people missed it, the Guardian posted an interview with him last night. It's a good read.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/14/everton-arouna-kone-interview-injury-cursed

Some choice quotes:

"The 31-year-old makes a gesture akin to a spoon scooping ice-cream as he explains how surgeons in Barcelona removed bone from his knee to enable the joint to move freely again after, as Martínez once succinctly put it, “a chunk of cartilage has come off in his knee”. That was November 2013, when the Ivory Coast international was warned it could be two years before he played regular first-team football again."

"The meniscus was cracked and then it was excised. In hospital they made a trench shape in my knee to protect it. For the first six months afterwards I trained solidly from 10am to 4pm, seven days a week."

Made up for him.

It was obvious that a lack of confidence was playing a massive part in his ability to put a decent performance in. The lad himself has said there was times he worried he wouldn't be able to come back from it and that he worried about using his knee in the way he normally would (early post surgery like).

I really hope he doesn't get another setback and that he continues to put the effort in which I'm sure he will- last week he came on against Watford absolutely determined to put it behind him and its paid off so far. He looks so much more confident in both his knee and his ability.

Glad the fans showed their appreciation too- Imagine how them singing your name must feel in comparison to being booed off.

Keep it up Kone. A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back