Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks. He was for 2 years in an Everton shirt and pretty sure everyone at some point wished we'd get rid. People were even advocating Chris Long to be played ahead of him ffs.

Err, what part of that statement is "bollocks" lad? I've never slagged him off. The vaults are all there.... Prove me wrong.....

He suffered a really horrendous injury. Some of us, who are not the kipper massive, actually have rational views.

Err, what part of that statement is "bollocks" lad? I've never slagged him off. The vaults are all there.... Prove me wrong.....

He suffered a really horrendous injury. Some of us, who are not the kipper massive, actually have rational views.

For me the vaults should never be open to positive thinking and giving the benefit of the doubt. I've double checked myself in the vaults on Kone, and I'm clean. Always thought he had it in him...was just lacking fitness and confidence. The latter was sure to come with a bit of the former.

Sadly though...he ain't no spring chicken, and cover is needed.

For me the vaults should never be open to positive thinking and giving the benefit of the doubt. I've double checked myself in the vaults on Kone, and I'm clean. Always thought he had it in him...was just lacking fitness and confidence. The latter was sure to come with a bit of the former.

Sadly though...he ain't no spring chicken, and cover is needed.

Indeed. Although a match-fit Kone is a very good player. Did you watch him closely in the cup final highlights I posted? :p

I did watch that...he's scary with the ball in his feet. He kept passing the ball to a wasteful McManaman

Yeah. Just goes to show.... Splinter your knee into a million pieces, and you'll be judged as a crap player. Despite obvious evidence against that argument.

You're spot on mate. If he'd have been playing with Lukaku (instead of McManaman) in that final, then Wigan would have won by two or three goals.

He's certainly a better footballer than @MoutsGoat

Koné needed a chance to prove himself.
He hasn't had a run of 5 games as a starter for the last two seasons.

Clearly he's been abducted by aliens, and I like the replacement doppelgänger they've left in his place.

f3b08db35696ec4e3a3ea453a1a067728707bcf7e256ed56a1b9561933ca14db.jpg

Bollocks. He was for 2 years in an Everton shirt and pretty sure everyone at some point wished we'd get rid. People were even advocating Chris Long to be played ahead of him ffs.

Mythbuster mate, let's be honest, injury or not, the vast majority of us would happily have seen him sold at a loss before last Saturday.

I for one am glad to be eating my words.

I'll be honest, I'm warming to the lad - to be out that long and to return in a manner that looks promising is indicative of a good attitude.

He's putting the effort in now that he trusts his knee, which is all we ever ask.

I can honestly say I never said a bad word about the lad

With a decent rest and pre season behind him he's starting to show what he can do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back