Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was "Kone, we're really sorry we doubted you and booed you in the games before, but you really didn't play well and we thought we were being quite fair in our assessment. However, you've really turned it around and we, collectively, would like to apologise for our boorish behaviour" sung to tune of Rocket Man.
That's what I heard as well!

I believe it was "Kone, we're really sorry we doubted you and booed you in the games before, but you really didn't play well and we thought we were being quite fair in our assessment. However, you've really turned it around and we, collectively, would like to apologise for our boorish behaviour" sung to tune of Rocket Man.

Cheers. 'boorish' was the word I couldn't quite catch and it really threw me off.

Cant say how pleased I am right now.... I watched Kone absolutely terra Heitinga at the DW, so much he was dragged off at 45 mins ( bearing in mind he was in the 11 of a world cup final) and was really pleased we shifted the waste of space of Anechebe for him.

The fella suffered a career threatening injury and struggled to come back, just like Jay Rodriguez today ( by the way he was applauded and recognized the long road he had traveled to get back on the pitch) but some blues do not give some people chances... over the years graham stuart, alex pitsone, osman etc) I was ashamed last week to hear the boos for Kone.... but good luck to the fella.... today I am made up for him because he stuck 2 fingers up to the so called fans, played a blinder and played superb.

Whether he is the answer , who knows but well done to him !!!

Cant say how pleased I am right now.... I watched Kone absolutely terra Heitinga at the DW, so much he was dragged off at 45 mins ( bearing in mind he was in the 11 of a world cup final) and was really pleased we shifted the waste of space of Anechebe for him.

The fella suffered a career threatening injury and struggled to come back, just like Jay Rodriguez today ( by the way he was applauded and recognized the long road he had traveled to get back on the pitch) but some blues do not give some people chances... over the years graham stuart, alex pitsone, osman etc) I was ashamed last week to hear the boos for Kone.... but good luck to the fella.... today I am made up for him because he stuck 2 fingers up to the so called fans, played a blinder and played superb.

Yes his goal was four yards offside -its his fitness now if he can play just one season on that form its a welcome bonus!

Yes his goal was four yards offside -its his fitness now if he can play just one season on that form its a welcome bonus!

Four yards... bit of an exaggeration
Offside yes.. but Moyes dragged Heitinga off for a reason, whatever spin you put on it

fitness wise, if i was 35+ ( haha) and got an injury like that I would be proud of my return..

Four yards... bit of an exaggeration
Offside yes.. but Moyes dragged Heitinga off for a reason, whatever spin you put on it

fitness wise, if i was 35+ ( haha) and got an injury like that I would be proud of my return..
He had a great game inspired Lukarku and RB we had someone who could hold the ball - I just hope it not a Darren Gibson senario, he was the reason we gelled today ok!

very nice post. hopefully some fans will learn to give players encouragement when they are clearly desperate to do well for the club. discuss whether they are good enough in the pub later or on here but in my opinion stick on the pitch should be reserved for players who couldn't give a Shearer.
kone gives us something we havent got at the moment and I reckon he is going to be a good part of the squad for a few years yet. well in Aroune. i had him down for 7 this season, joint top guess on here which is embarrassing. i reckon he is going to make us all look silly and we better be man enought to admit we were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back