Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can definitely say without fear of contradiction I thought he was a wooden one. I would have given him a free transfer to get him off the books. I don't know that scoring last week and putting in a good performance makes him a world beater but it has certainly earned him a place in the starting line up. It is great to be proved wrong when something like this happens. Hope he goes on to score 20 goals and forms an attacking partnership with Lukaku.

Who would have thought it? 2 games in and 18 pages of Kone-praise, well deserved too! Hope he can stay fit and continue to score/assist

Why does there have to be so much vaulting? Player performance over time is so difficult to predict. Short of saying "I think Messi will have a good season" or "I think Dan Gosling will have a mediocre to poor season" there's not much you can guarantee.

I was pleased when we signed Kone, and kept defending him during last season, but I also lost patience this summer and wrote him off. At the time we signed him and during his injury recovery, I thought of the player I saw for Wigan. But during the summer I thought he'd just never reach those levels again. Seemingly he has, though it's been 2 games and anyone suddenly thinking it's okay to say people writing him off were idiots is being a Ted and jumping the gun a bit.

I think we all want Kone to do well as he seems a nice chap and ultimately, we like our players to do well. Well, most of us do. Hopefully Arouna can build on these promising first few games and prove himself to be a useful member of the team. Whether or not he does, I don't think anyone needs to be made to feel stupid for thinking he was a great signing or an awful one. Perhaps people giving him awful abuse deserve some egg on their face, but if people can't have opinions unless they're backed up by a clairvoyant-esque accuracy level, then what is the point of a forum?

We've only played two games. He's done very well in both granted but it's a bit early to be declaring him a good player after all. Give it until to Christmas and see how well he's done overall then before taking back all the criticism.

Goals, he's scored a few
But then again too few to mention
He's done what he's had to do, come smiling through
with his golden hairline

He's played, the odd one-two.
and travelled each and every byline
And more, much more than this,
Arouna Kone

Superb !!

Goals, he's scored a few
But then again too few to mention
He's done what he's had to do, come smiling through
with his golden hairline

He's played, the odd one-two.
and travelled each and every byline
And more, much more than this,
Arouna Kone

Haha! I was gonna suggest the 'Fellaini' chant, swapping in 'golden hair' instead of 'curly hair'... but why even bother?

Why does there have to be so much vaulting? Player performance over time is so difficult to predict.

I think we all want Kone to do well as he seems a nice chap and ultimately, we like our players to do well. Well, most of us do. Hopefully Arouna can build on these promising first few games and prove himself to be a useful member of the team. Whether or not he does, I don't think anyone needs to be made to feel stupid for thinking he was a great signing or an awful one. Perhaps people giving him awful abuse deserve some egg on their face, but if people can't have opinions unless they're backed up by a clairvoyant-esque accuracy level, then what is the point of a forum?

I actually like the accountability in general but only when it's applied correctly (which is tricky).

For the certain kind of poster who doesn't think they have opinions -- they think they have only facts -- then a good vault can work well. (Yes some things are facts of course ... not talking about those.)

I agree being vaulted for an opinion like -- "not sure about this signing -- lot of money for an older striker with injury problems" -- would be silly.

However "mark my words Kone will never play a single good game for Everton ... end of" deserves a vaulting.

Plus the negative to positive ratio of vaulting is like 99:1 -- mix it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back