Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
cone-sweet-cone-m.jpg

2 great goals livened up a dull night. This is exactly the type of game 3rd choice strikers are expected to excel in. Well in kone lad

He's such an oddity. I stand by what I've always said, in that he does have some positives to his game. His hold up play, link up play and dribbling is really quite good. He just falls to pieces in the box. But not always... he had two good spells at two clubs before joining us, and has had games where he's scored cracking goals for us. It's strange. I wonder if injuries and/or confidence plays its part.

Anyway, he doesn't deserve the stick he gets. As someone else said, he could have sat back and cashed his cheques but he fought back from a nasty injury to get back in contention. And he's never kicked up a stink when he hasn't played, plus he's seemingly well liked with the other players.

He's ultimately not good enough to be our 2nd choice striker as Rom needs top competition, but whether he's a third choice squad player or if he moves on for more regular football, I'll wish our camel-riding Ivorian Prince the best of luck.

He's such an oddity. I stand by what I've always said, in that he does have some positives to his game. His hold up play, link up play and dribbling is really quite good. He just falls to pieces in the box. But not always... he had two good spells at two clubs before joining us, and has had games where he's scored cracking goals for us. It's strange. I wonder if injuries and/or confidence plays its part.

Anyway, he doesn't deserve the stick he gets. As someone else said, he could have sat back and cashed his cheques but he fought back from a nasty injury to get back in contention. And he's never kicked up a stink when he hasn't played, plus he's seemingly well liked with the other players.

He's ultimately not good enough to be our 2nd choice striker as Rom needs top competition, but whether he's a third choice squad player or if he moves on for more regular football, I'll wish our camel-riding Ivorian Prince the best of luck.
But with little Leon gone we need the whipping-boy position filled,so for that reason a 3 year deal should be on the table......double quick

isn't it always the way. Look like getting rid and then he scores a couple goals and makes himself appear to be useful enough to get him over deadline day then back to bit part role again.

Two goals against League Two Yeovil and it appears as if people are being all sympathetic and googly-eyed about Koné once again.

Very similar to his hat-trick performance last season against a woeful Sunderland, which I myself may have been slightly guilty of.

He may have a charm about him, try hard and be able to hold the ball up well, however it is obvious that he simply isn't the standard we need.

If we haven't brought genuine competition for Rom and start with Koné as our second striker once the window closes, it'll be embarrassing.

Two goals against League Two Yeovil and it appears as if people are being all sympathetic and googly-eyed about Koné once again.

Very similar to his hat-trick performance last season against a woeful Sunderland, which I myself may have been slightly guilty of.

He may have a charm about him, try hard and be able to hold the ball up well, however it is obvious that he simply isn't the standard we need.

If we haven't brought genuine competition for Rom and start with Koné as our second striker once the window closes, it'll be embarrassing.
he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets but he isn't good enough for us. Hopefully he is moved on and plays out the last few years of his career injury free. He'd still offer a lot to a championship side.

Spot on two goals against a tired League 2 defence, a poor goalkeeper and people start getting all sentimental.

Championship at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back