Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My abiding memory of him is when he refused to train during Ramadan as he couldn't eat or drink during daylight hours.
This was during his rehabilitation.
I've absolutely no problem with anybody following their religious beliefs by the way.
Why didn't he just hire a personal trainer and train at night.
I've (and I'm sure may other people here ) have had to work night shifts
8/10/12 hr shifts
So with the money he was being paid he just sat on his arse all day.
A wage robber in my eyes.

Well your abiding memory is wrong, so maybe you can be less harsh on him.

He went through Ramadan in July during preseason, and never refused to train at all.

Martinez didn't use him for full 90 minutes in any of the games because of it, and gave him special training sessions to accommodate, but he did not refuse, and it was not during his rehabilitation as that injury did not occur until mid September.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a supposedly funny anecdote though.

Well your abiding memory is wrong, so maybe you can be less harsh on him.

He went through Ramadan in July during preseason, and never refused to train at all.

Martinez didn't use him for full 90 minutes in any of the games because of it, and gave him special training sessions to accommodate, but he did not refuse, and it was not during his rehabilitation as that injury did not occur until mid September.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a supposedly funny anecdote though.

In the summer of 2014 Ramadan was in June /July

http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2014.asp

Kone was returning from an injury received in Oct 2013 and was in rehabilitation training and refused to train
Here is his injury record

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arouna-kone/verletzungen/spieler/8552

My abiding memory of him is when he refused to train during Ramadan as he couldn't eat or drink during daylight hours.
This was during his rehabilitation.
I've absolutely no problem with anybody following their religious beliefs by the way.
Why didn't he just hire a personal trainer and train at night.
I've (and I'm sure may other people here ) have had to work night shifts
8/10/12 hr shifts
So with the money he was being paid he just sat on his arse all day.
A wage robber in my eyes.

My abiding memory is when he scores away at Newcastle and I literally burst out laughing.

Obviously we still lost.

In the summer of 2014 Ramadan was in June /July

http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2014.asp

Kone was returning from an injury received in Oct 2013 and was in rehabilitation training and refused to train
Here is his injury record

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arouna-kone/verletzungen/spieler/8552

I don't recall him refusing to train. He's a garbage footballer for sure but not sure he ever downed tools.

In fact here's Distin saying how sharp he looks in training despite fasting for Ramadan

“Arouna is doing Ramadan and though he has no food inside him he is still doing all the running,” said Distin.

We know he is a powerful player, fast and his running behind defenders is good. He is sharp in training.”

It's in the Mirror so I haven't put the link up.

Suspect he will be with the injuries we've got. U23's might have won their league but still a big match Monday night with the trophy being awarded under the Goodison lights so I can't see him putting any new kids in the squad.
They have already won that league let at least one get on the bench might as well put a cut out player figure there than have Kone on the bench - surely the team will be a different format than the one who played Chelsea anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back