Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringing in the entire spine of a team that had just been comfortably relegated, plus their complete management structure, was, in hindsight, not a fabulous move.
Whelan must have thought it was an April Fool when we offered him 20millon for the spine' plus another ten to compensate for losing Roberto and his many lieutenants, given that he was probably gonna sack him til he fluked that cup final

We should thank him actually.

Bringing Lukaku in was not some grand masterplan from Martinez. His transfer business was done, Kone was going to be our main striker with support from Vic and Nais.
Firmly believe that had Kone not been so poor and our attack looked so toothless in those opening games then Martinez would not have made that desperate late call to Chelsea begging to loan Demba Ba.

He wasn't that great.But i've seen a lot worse players for Everton.He had a decent spell for a period last season and at his best he was an okay foil for Lukaku.But i think it was telling how bad our squad depth is when he came on the last day.He is not the worst player we ever had and injuries had a very detrimental affect on his Everton career.I have no animosity towards him at all and i wish him all the best at his next club.

This time next year he'll probably be driving a Delta.

Nothing personal but he was never a player we should have even considered buying, let alone stumping up £6m for (back when that was a quite a fair bit of money for us). Was never impressed by him to be honest, not even in that season he had at Wigan. Not his fault he got such an horrific injury but any chance he had of being a decent player for us was ruined by that and at this point he's not even a mediocre Premier League level striker, if he's going to carry on playing it will surely be in lower leagues or off in some mickey mouse team abroad.

Good luck to him but thank God this one is nearly over with. Almost all of Martinez's trash has been cleared out now, not long to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back