Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got 11 goals in 34 games for Wigan to be fair to him, so had he been able to replicate that sort of return for us whilst Lukaku was also slotting then he would have made a useful back up striker we could have turned to now and again

But he's turned out for us a paltry 46 times in 4 years, mostly due to him being out with a constant string of injuries. Again, I maintain that if he'd not got hurt in that first season, he would have probably been okay for us, but once it happened he was toast, especially with Martinez's lax fitness regimen

Knee cartilage is an absolute barstool of an injury, and at 29 you're going to struggle to ever get back from that. It ends kids careers FFS, let alone 12 year pros who are past their prime playing years

So yeah, it didn't work out, but it wasn't the stupidest signing of the Martinez Era (Which would likely be Niasse or Alcaraz)

We love you for being nice mate. But just once call him crap. Because he is/was.

The miss vs Stevenage before he did his leg in was all I needed to see.

We love you for being nice mate. But just once call him crap. Because he is/was.

The miss vs Stevenage before he did his leg in was all I needed to see.

To be honest he's not clear cut crap for me. He's been woeful in front of goal but there were some games he helped the team and helped support Rom. For a brief period they had a good partnership.

I'm being pedantic though. He's been a poor signing at best, but I don't think he's a terrible player. A poor goalscorer but his hold up and link up play was good so he's a notch above the truly awful signings we've had in recent decades.

Imagine if we'd not been able to get the 11th hour loan deal for Lukaku that season and we'd gone with him and Naismith as our options up front.

To be honest he's not clear cut crap for me. He's been woeful in front of goal but there were some games he helped the team and helped support Rom. For a brief period they had a good partnership.

I'm being pedantic though. He's been a poor signing at best, but I don't think he's a terrible player. A poor goalscorer but his hold up and link up play was good so he's a notch above the truly awful signings we've had in recent decades.

Would he get into many other teams, I was going to say above us, but actually in the whole league?

Truly useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back