Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it though, that injury finished him

That doesn't happen and he might have been alright for us, but he was never the same after it happened
Absolute rubbish. Stevie Wonder could see this clown was goddamn awful. It's outrageous he was signed. Thinking back, Martinez got Wigan relegated yet brought the entire spine of that useless team to GP. Robles, Alcaraz, McCarthy, and Kone.

He got 11 goals in 34 games for Wigan to be fair to him, so had he been able to replicate that sort of return for us whilst Lukaku was also slotting then he would have made a useful back up striker we could have turned to now and again

But he's turned out for us a paltry 46 times in 4 years, mostly due to him being out with a constant string of injuries. Again, I maintain that if he'd not got hurt in that first season, he would have probably been okay for us, but once it happened he was toast, especially with Martinez's lax fitness regimen

Knee cartilage is an absolute barstool of an injury, and at 29 you're going to struggle to ever get back from that. It ends kids careers FFS, let alone 12 year pros who are past their prime playing years

So yeah, it didn't work out, but it wasn't the stupidest signing of the Martinez Era (Which would likely be Niasse or Alcaraz)

So yeah, it didn't work out, but it wasn't the stupidest signing of the Martinez Era (Which would likely be Niasse or Alcaraz)

Whoah !! careful Mikey - rumour has it that the USM FF Janitor has been sent an e-mail to get his Dymotape label machine ready to put the word Oumar on a locker!

He's coming back to be the next boss slotter.

Oh hang on...................................

no sorry - going a bit deaf in my old age - wrong end of the stick............

he's been told to put Yer Ma on the locker !

Must mean there is something in the John Terry rumours?

My abiding memory of him is when he refused to train during Ramadan as he couldn't eat or drink during daylight hours.
This was during his rehabilitation.
I've absolutely no problem with anybody following their religious beliefs by the way.
Why didn't he just hire a personal trainer and train at night.
I've (and I'm sure may other people here ) have had to work night shifts
8/10/12 hr shifts
So with the money he was being paid he just sat on his arse all day.
A wage robber in my eyes.

He destroyed us in the cup game. Like a lot of players that come to Everton though he got a major injury and was never the same. How many ACLs, knee ligaments, and broken bones have we had in recent times. It's a joke. Not to mention the likes of McCarthy Mirallas and now Schneiderlin who seem to ping their muscles periodically since joining us. Even Traore did his calf on his debut and was never seen again.

He got 11 goals in 34 games for Wigan to be fair to him, so had he been able to replicate that sort of return for us whilst Lukaku was also slotting then he would have made a useful back up striker we could have turned to now and again

But he's turned out for us a paltry 46 times in 4 years, mostly due to him being out with a constant string of injuries. Again, I maintain that if he'd not got hurt in that first season, he would have probably been okay for us, but once it happened he was toast, especially with Martinez's lax fitness regimen

Knee cartilage is an absolute barstool of an injury, and at 29 you're going to struggle to ever get back from that. It ends kids careers FFS, let alone 12 year pros who are past their prime playing years

That's the second time this week someone has mentioned Alcatraz.
Why oh why do you do it
I had only recently erased that night in Russia from my memory.
Alcatraz was Gank of the highest order.
Made Bramble look like Beckanbaeur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back