Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very pleased that Koné's got the fans on his side now. Regardless of what people think of him as a footballer, it's clear he's a pretty decent guy and I'd much rather see him smiling and enjoying his football here. He's had an awful injury and hopefully we're seeing him finally come back from it.

Sure, he's not going to be our star player, but given his range of abilities and roles he can play in the team, he's a brilliant squad player to have.

I'm very pleased that Koné's got the fans on his side now. Regardless of what people think of him as a footballer, it's clear he's a pretty decent guy and I'd much rather see him smiling and enjoying his football here. He's had an awful injury and hopefully we're seeing him finally come back from it.

Sure, he's not going to be our star player, but given his range of abilities and roles he can play in the team, he's a brilliant squad player to have.

Accidental Martinez

Thought it was dire, sorry, my view is we created nothing. Yes spurs are a good side, a point at WHL is a good result but apart from the first 10 minutes we were poor

Maybe, just maybe, it was down to Spurs being very good in defence at home? I thought Rose, Vertonghen and Walker were fantastic.

Lukaku is a better finisher than Kone, however, Kone is a much better all around footballer and team player...his first touch is far superior, his distribution is better, he makes smarter runs and therefore gets more chances, he works harder and moans less, and we play better as a team going forward when he is upfront rather than Lukaku as clearly seen in the last 20 minutes of the match against Spurs yesterday.

Dead right Stan. In fact, I would go as far as to say that he should start against Chelski at the expense of Lukaku.

Yesterday that deadweight, Wickham, did a real good job holding the ball up and bringing the rest of the forwards into play for Palace. Lukaku is simply incapable of holding the ball and laying a simple ball off.

Starting to really like Kone. His first touch and neat distribution is going to get even better with game time and confidence. Obviously he won't replace Lukaku as there would be huge backlash but he could allow him to play in a more effective position. He is definitely giving us fresh options. If this Rodriguez kid turns out to be a proper goal poacher then we may have a decent balance of strikers to call on. Maybe still not ideal in terms of quality but a lot more options than we have had for awhile

All the love for Kone is forgetting one simple fact, he's a forward whose scoring rate is pretty woeful, should be no more for us than a last 15 minute sub if we have any hopes of doing owt this year

I had a dream last night that Kone was in the big brother house for some reason.
Don't know how he was going to manage being in there and going to training at the same time. But what I remember is he was close to eviction

Lukaku is a better finisher than Kone, however, Kone is a much better all around footballer and team player...his first touch is far superior, his distribution is better, he makes smarter runs and therefore gets more chances, he works harder and moans less, and we play better as a team going forward when he is upfront rather than Lukaku as clearly seen in the last 20 minutes of the match against Spurs yesterday.
First off, lol at the massive change of opinion on here.

Second - why not play with, you know, two strikers which complement each other instead of pushing Kone upfront on his own to get nothing done against Chelsea? He's just ineffective on his own up front and we all know this. I'm glad there's a massive switch in confidence, but let's not destroy our knees from all that jerking, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back